Sundown Audio

I have 1 sundown sa 15 750rms and I am pushing it with a fosgate 750r at 1 ohm stable. The specs for the sub calls for 3ft of airspace and a box tuned to 35 hz. My box has 2.5 ft of airspace and is tuned to 33 hz . Is that close enough? Do I need to get a custom made box?

Its close enough, you may be giving up a little bit of output around tuning due to the smaller box, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

How much port area does the box have? An undersized port will cost you a lot more output than the box being .5 cubes smaller than ideal.

Edited by Triticum Agricolam

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I'm not sure it didn't give me port dimensions,it's a slot port and all other info is this: Volume : 2.5 Cubic Ft per Chamber, Box Frequency : 32 Hz. Dimensions: 20.5" Wide x 18" High x 19.5" Deep. Hole Cut-out: 13.875", Mounting Depth: 10-1/2".

Yes it's a prefab , I found sonic enclosures makes a thunderbox specific to the sundown sa 15 but I'll have to wait a few weeks to get it. It costs more than the sub does. The prefab is just to get me by until I'm able to get the thunderbox. Side note: this stuff is addictive, I started with a cheap pioneer 12 inch sub ($35) and a 28 dollar box with a pawnshop 300 watt Jensen dinosaur of an amp. Moved to the sundown sa 15 and fosgate 750r wired down to 1ohm. Now I'm talking to singer for an alternator upgrade because I want 2 sundown sa 15's and 2 750r's and my little 90 amp alternator just couldn't take that, along with a battery up grade and big 3. When I first put the original sub in I just wanted a little bass. Now I'm planning on my 1st spl event and I just want to be ready. But for a month or 2 1 sa 15 is good for now. I've gotten to a point in my life where I can afford this to a point, but it seems like a always want bigger. This is all going in a 2015 hyndai veloster reflex edition w/chrome 18's