Sundown Audio

Not Your Grandfather's Ohm Load...

Charles Phillips

I appreciate your interest! It'll be a little while until I get that working because I'm currently stripping out my interior to sound deaden and build a wall, but that's a story for my build log which is going up soon ; ).

- 2009 Toyota Matrix Base -

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

- SoundQubed SQ-2200.2 x 2 -

Yeah I thought it would put them into protect, but Andrew (AMI Customs) has spoken highly about the stability of them under 1 Ohm.

A coil is just a wire, so I wouldn't think there would be a difference. Am I missing something?

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

Well it's more that just a wire when it's surrounded by a magnetic field. There's inductance to consider, but that may be the wrong term. I think that inductance is actually part of the coil generating it's electromagnetic force when power is supplied.

Well it's more that just a wire when it's surrounded by a magnetic field. There's inductance to consider, but that may be the wrong term. I think that inductance is actually part of the coil generating it's electromagnetic force when power is supplied.

hes talking about running more runs of speaker wire between he two coils terminals. lmao

That's it! It must be the transfer of electrical energy through the magnetic field that causes a drop in resistance. I might be able to get a little bit more power by doing more runs to account for inefficiency in the wire, but other than that I'd say my question is answered. Thanks! Posting my builds within the weekend hopefully.

- iPad 64GB -

- miniDSP 2x4 HD -

- PPI Art a200.2 -

Archived