Loudness setting

What I mean is 1/2 doesn't mean anything, it doesn't tell us anything. It's not 1/2, because would indicate that the knob turned all the way to the right is full, it's not. For instance, my gain setting is about 1/3 of the way turned, but the amp is running full output. the only thing that we can deduct from your gain setting is that your RCA voltage is about 1/2 of what the amp can accept, and even that is largely a guess.

You mean that your gain is max and cd player increases, decreases according to taste, because turn off loudness and bass low not hear even volume to 30-40, because I've heard gain setting more than 1/2 leads to clipping ?

I'm not sure what you said. My gain is set according to my RCA voltage. Volume knob is all about how loud I want to listen to it. Again, you are taking about the gain being 1/2, but 1/2 of what? Turning the gain all the way to the right isn't full output. Loudness shouldn't be needed if you have everything set right, loudness leads to clipping and destroying speakers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm not sure what you said. My gain is set according to my RCA voltage. Volume knob is all about how loud I want to listen to it. Again, you are taking about the gain being 1/2, but 1/2 of what? Turning the gain all the way to the right isn't full output. Loudness shouldn't be needed if you have everything set right, loudness leads to clipping and destroying speakers.

Cd player rca preouts (2V) amp gain setting (2V) gain set as RCA voltage, but without turn on loudness bass very low?

Ideally that works, but the markings around the gain are not that accurate. Free yourself of the gain is set to a certain amount idea. :)

If you need loudness on then something else is wrong or just. It enough. Maybe you need more amp or maybe you need a better way of setting gains. How are you determining full unclipped output from your headunit?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Can you turn the gain up a little with the loudness off? You really need a way to measure distortion to make sure you are not clipping the signal. Do a search here for dd-1.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Turn the bass level to Max on your Pioneer head unit. It should go to +6, I think so.

Then turn Bass Boost OFF, Loudness OFF (on amps and on head unit)

LPF : 80 or 100 Hz

HPF : 80 or 100 Hz on head unit.
On your amps : HPF and LPF widely OPEN so that only the head unit crossovers work.

Set your gains, by ears if you don't have tools : turn gain knob up until you feel it distorts (sounds bad), then back it up a little. You do it like that for each set of speakers : subwoofer, mids , and highs.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Archived