Shok competition power wires

Silver tinned > raw.

Especially when you got these race to zero companies trying to keep prices lower than everyone else, and in return for that your getting non pure copper that is typically mixed with other alloys to keep the wire cheaper.

If its silver (ag) then ok, but i havent seen any silver tinned copper 4/0 power wire. And id assume that ag silver plated wire is gonna cost WAY more. Im aware silver is a better conductor and has less resistance than copper, i plan on trying to get some for my speaker wire and rcas. But for my big 3 im fine with just pure copper. I also learned that we need to pay attention to the advertisement of "silver tinned" they could just be refering to the color, not actually using the precious metal we consider as silver (ag). Do you know if shok is still making other sizes besides 8/0, becuase thats all i see for sale from them on their site and their distributors site. If you dont know, recommend something i can check out. Thanks man

Even just regular tinned (non silver) is still going to be better for fighting corrosion.
You will pay a premium for Silver tinned.
Kicker, JL, NVX, Sundown, XS Power iirc are all silver tinned, but dont make 4/0.

Knukonceptz has really nice 4/0 and its tinned (not sure if silver).

All I know is Im done playing the corrosion game by these companies that sell wire so cheap and claim to be something they are not.

I wont even do a install in someones vehicle using non tinned wire no more.

But it is your vehicle and your money. ;)

Even just regular tinned (non silver) is still going to be better for fighting corrosion.

You will pay a premium for Silver tinned.

Kicker, JL, NVX, Sundown, XS Power iirc are all silver tinned, but dont make 4/0.

Knukonceptz has really nice 4/0 and its tinned (not sure if silver).

All I know is Im done playing the corrosion game by these companies that sell wire so cheap and claim to be something they are not.

I wont even do a install in someones vehicle using non tinned wire no more.

But it is your vehicle and your money. ;)

Knu was the original plan. But it is tinned, I assume its not silver becuase that would be a really big selling point.

Im very cautious of the corrosion issue becuase i live in hawaii where cars rust very quickly, especially if u live down at ocean level. I live well above sealevel but still its an island and the ocean isnt that far away. But i figure there are steps you can take to ensure ur copper doesnt corrode. Making sure every thing is sealed so no moisture or salt air can reach the wire strands at all.

Wow i didnt know all those brand made actually silver tinned wires, imma go check those out right now. Thanks

You cant go wrong with knu. Its a great product. I havent used the 4/0 but i have their 4 gauge tinned ofc and it works great. Been in this truck for over a year and no issues and had it in my last truck for about 3 years with no issues. I live in kansas tho so no ocean.

Unless you have a way to purge all the oxygen that's trapped under the insulation I don't think just heat shrinking the end is going to do to much. Some how I think that trying to heat shrink your cables inside a vacuum work be rather tedious.

Adhesive lined heat shrink is all I use. Heat it enough to make the adhesive ooze out both ends and you will be fine. On trailer light wiring when using crimp connectors like butt splices, I squeeze some dielectric grease into the connector before I insert the wire. I have one trailer going strong for over 20 years and counting. Keep the moisture out and you will be good.

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

Archived