CE Auto Electric Supply

I have seen too many articles and arguments about the flow of power from a battery.
Does the negative side feed the amp

or does the positive side feed the amp?

I am not an electrical engineer. So the whole Pos feeds the Neg side of the battery, ohms law states blah blah blah. I need a management level explanation, not an engineers level explanation.

voltage flows from the place with the least resistance, which would be what has the highest voltage potential, which would be your positive connection.

the flow of current is a argument that can not be solved at this time, due to it being a theory from both sides. Some say it flows from positive to negative, others say negative to positive. I was taught from negative to positive, but i don't pick either side because its an irrelevant argument to me, because no matter which way it flows, you still need a positive and a negative to complete a circuit.

no matter which way it flows, you still need a positive and a negative to complete a circuit.

That's a pretty good point there Reedal. At the end of the day it doesn't really matter much in our applications though. I'd worry more about maintaining a safe voltage than I would would what direction the pixies are moving in.

Edited by 3vil
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

When you set up a DC Circuit, you should always connect your grounds first. DC current flow (from what I've always learned in my years of electronics) travels negative to positive.

When you disconnect a DC Circuit ... ground first.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

That's what I've heard as well. IT'S the nomenclature that is the problem. "POsitive" voltage and "negative" voltage. Maybe it should have been called forward voltage and reverse voltage. Would have less confusion

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Well, electrons flow from the "negative" to the "positive" which is taught as electron flow/current. The other way is current flows from "positive" to "negative" which is called conventional current. Which one you use to think is irrelevant, as long as you know which is which.

http://web.engr.oregonstate.edu/~traylor/ece112/beamer_lectures/elect_flow_vs_conv_I.pdf

Edited by ChevyBoy95
  • Like (+1 Rep) 3

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Electrons flow negative to positive.

Before that was understood, current was simply designated as flowing positive to negative.

Doesn't specifically matter as long as people recognize that current flows in a circle and is equal throughout that circle.

Therefore everything in that circle is dependent on the weakest link.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Electron flow vs conventional is only important when the mathematical equation you are using requires only one or the other.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco)

250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon)

G65 AGM Up Front  / Two G31 AGM in Back

Pioneer 80PRS

CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage

CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill

FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon)

Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)

With electrons flowing from - to + why then would power leads fused on the positive run?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers