Sundown Audio

From a rough standpoint I think I have 2.3 cu ft of space under my seat without box materiel taking up space.

3.2 cu ft If I raise the seats 2" in height. 3.7 cu ft If I raise the seats 3" up with spacers.

I have some space with some sealed designs but how much do I need if I would go with ported SA12's and hit low like I want. They say 1.7 cu ft but that does not include the port. Add that in and the box just keeps growing in size.

Could I just do a down firing 15" on one side of the cab sealed?? The sa15 requires 2.5 cuft.

I'd say go with the SA-10's over 8's I'm running about 3k to my 3 10's in sealed and since u haven't been around awhile these sundown subs slam compared to old shit my visors rattle about 2inches , 8's can't get low , not that 10's can but way better then 8's I was in the same spot and were with 3 10's sealed because 2 10's ported wouldn't fit and I have more room then u , so I went with an extra sub to compensate and was very happy. All those prefab boxes aren't gonna work with a good quality sub it's just to hard to get all the specs right and that's where all your sound comes from your gonna have to build or have a box built for these new subs . U also need power to run all those subs not just an amp I have 6 batteries and a 250amp alt .

My truck is a diesel and has 2 batteries anyways. I could replace the alternator with a bigger one. Do people run capacitors any more? I used to have a couple of megatrons in my car I had and a 5 farad capacitor with the bandpass. Car would still almost quit going down the road when I was running around 3000 watts. Didn't really hit any harder though when I just ran the subs off one amp at 1200.

With the hump I have in the floor I don't know if I can run 3 10's. It is not as pronounced as other guys is but it does stick up around an inch high and is about 12" across.

I'm still confused on why systems these days require so much power to get loud. Heard some kids cars today that had a pair of 12's with 2k going to them and it was no louder than the old lanzar 12's with 200 going to them that I used to run in a '87 mustang. I just took it as their are no professionals in the area as we are kinda remote to any big stereo spots. I live in far west ky.

My 15's in the bandpass with just 1200 going to them would flex the windshield and break my mirrors all the time and I only had the gains about half way. I had an old installer build that box for me with me helping out.

Here's a 06. Thing is sexy as hell imho

IMAG0097_zpsmk7q4u3o.jpg

That does look pretty darn sweet. I'd have to mount some grills over them to keep from poking the cone with a foot. Not found of the wire though. Any reason why they did not run the amps behind the rear seat instead of under the front seats? My hump in the floor is not as tall as that one is.

If your only planning on 1200 watts would just run 2 subs in a ported box

2022 Ford Maverick on 22’s                                                                                                                                          Skar SK1500.1 on 4 Skar VD-8’s                                                                                                                       Mids Sundown Super tweeters, Skar TX 6.5 components on Skar SKM400.4                                                 LC2 for audio control  , XS Power D680 XS Series Extra Battery 

I talked to sundown and they recommended doing 4-8's and a scv2000d. I'm just worried about the lows out of some 8's. I've searched all over the net and people say the SA's are pretty good sealed and others say they are horrible. Just don't know who to believe. It's not like I can just go to the neighborhood store and start listening to different subs as their are none around here.