Sundown Audio

Wtf Is Up With Amps Today?

ROLEXrifleman

I've got amps from 95 to know.

Its just time to get rid of some.

Out with the old in with the new.

Technology has changed so much.

I have 3 equally rated amps spanning back to 97 to now and have ran them all in my setup and I would have to say I like my newest edition the best so far.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

man this brings back some memories lol. when i was 17 i had 4 pioneer impp 12's in the being pushed by 2 autotek mm40.2's all pioneer coaxials and pioneer cd player that cost me 400$, i remember that bish i had to save for a month to get it :lol: oh and all this in a 1979 plymouth valary lol

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I made a post a couple days ago mentioning how i was going to use my 200x2 on my 10w7 and people laughed at that idea...

I just got a 12w7 at a smokin deal, $230, in a ported box due to the fact the surround was scuffed. It wasnt pierced so i figured I'd take it. I was going to throw my 200dsm on it but am now leaning toward my SS Refrence 1000.

I'm either going to do a SS Refrence 1000 and a Refrence 160 doing the highs

or a 200DSM and a 160x4 bridged out doing the highs. It's going in an F150

Just gonna do 1 set of Bost Pro's 5.25" and these bostons are from 1996! LOL

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I just got a 12w7 at a smokin deal, $230, in a ported box due to the fact the surround was scuffed. It wasnt pierced so i figured I'd take it. I was going to throw my 200dsm on it but am now leaning toward my SS Refrence 1000.

I'm either going to do a SS Refrence 1000 and a Refrence 160 doing the highs

or a 200DSM and a 160x4 bridged out doing the highs. It's going in an F150

Just gonna do 1 set of Bost Pro's 5.25" and these bostons are from 1996! LOL

ProSeries 5.4 :D

I was going to do the 200x2 on the w7 or i was looking into getting a 250m2 for the sub and running my 400x4 on mids and either my 100x2 or my 40x2 on my highs.

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

FYI

When I went from my 200 IX DSM to the 225.2 there was a big difference in distorotion.

and the only difference between those besides the heatsink is the 200x2 witch looks like the DSM and the punch 225.2 is the transana circuit.

I would recommend upgradeing to any of the amps that have the Transana circuit. They really do have less distortion and sound better.

Just something to think about.

I didn't type line 2 propperly the end caps for the 200x2 say Trans ana in big bold red letters.

Sorry for the misinformation

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Archived