Sundown Audio

Wtf Is Up With Amps Today?

ROLEXrifleman

i still have 4 orion HCCA 225's and a set of original stroker 15's up in the attic. this was my first ever system. people loved it. i still do.

----reference's----

meade916

FYI

When I went from my 200 IX DSM to the 225.2 there was a big difference in distorotion.

and the only difference between those besides the heatsink is the 200x2 witch looks like the DSM and the punch 225.2 is the transana circuit.

I would recommend upgradeing to any of the amps that have the Transana circuit. They really do have less distortion and sound better.

Just something to think about.

all your amp is, is the 1996 x2 series in the newer heat sink, all the internals are the same. thats the difference between the 1996 punch and 1997 punch is the heat sink. RF was sneaky :ph34r: :ph34r:

RF Punch 40x2RF Punch 100x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 200x2RF Punch 400x4JL Audio 10W7-3"but its only a 200 watt amp tho"

fyi the 200x2 has the trans ana circuit... or thats what the box says...

I meant that.

I didn't write it propperly.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

all your amp is, is the 1996 x2 series in the newer heat sink, all the internals are the same. thats the difference between the 1996 punch and 1997 punch is the heat sink. RF was sneaky :ph34r: :ph34r:

I know that I just didn't type it rite.

I was just letting him know that when you get to the 1996 x2 series they sound better and produce less distortion.

I know that from first hand experience.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

man i remember 15 years ago when running 500 watts made you the badass on the block and pioneer and kenwood where the best amps..lol

man back then i was driving a 85 cutless with A pioneer tape deck this was before the detachable face then whole radio would come out an you could carry it with you so my system was the tape deck,wit a awia discman ,2 pioneer 3.5 dash,4 pioneer 6x9 4 way,4 bullet tweeters from radio shack,a sherwood 4 ch amp ,a Kenwood 1 ch amp that was 280 watts rms @ 4ohms @ 12.5 volts, 2 mtx blue thunder in a bandpass box

Archived