builds looking good buddy... one thing im not quite sure about here is that sonotube what are you doing with it?

Funny you mention it.. I actually decided against using it because I think it is too advanced for me. Not that I can't, but that I don't really have the time and I would hate to ruin all the work I put in already.

But what I was going to do with it was flare out the front of the box. You remember Steve's square-o port? well I was going to do that but just with the front of the clamshell... I would have to modify a lot though to fit it in there.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

i kinda figured you were going to try and do a round over with it

i think that makes sense

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Well it snowed like a bitch out here and I didn't get much done. Couldn't start the car with no EGR or battery so I did a little on the box.

Mainly just finished bracing the bottom baffle and coated the baffles with resin. I'll finish coating everything next time I get a chance. Things are hectic and I have finals all week so time is scarce.

Posted Image

Posted Image

[email protected]

i think its sealed

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Is that enough port area?

We need Vids when she's done.

No port. It's gonna be sealed. I just have the back face off to make it easier to work inside.

[email protected]

Plan is to brace the sides externally with 2x4s and another layer of MDF. My amp placement is still undecided, but it will be away from the vibration and pressure. I might do what Steve did with his Civic and put them on the sides, but I don't know yet.

So what do you all think I should do with the inside of the clam shell?

As far as the outside and front fascia go, I think I have it all planned well, but I'm not sure what to do with the inside. Carpet? Paint? Bed liner?

After the inside of the shell is done, I think I'm gonna mirror the sides. I just think it would look awesome.

[email protected]

Plan is to brace the sides externally with 2x4s and another layer of MDF. My amp placement is still undecided, but it will be away from the vibration and pressure. I might do what Steve did with his Civic and put them on the sides, but I don't know yet.

So what do you all think I should do with the inside of the clam shell?

As far as the outside and front fascia go, I think I have it all planned well, but I'm not sure what to do with the inside. Carpet? Paint? Bed liner?

After the inside of the shell is done, I think I'm gonna mirror the sides. I just think it would look awesome.

I absolutely love the bedliner look, but FYI, to completely spray my wall inside the car, a local shop wanted ~$500-600! he said if I could take it outta the car, he could do it cheaper! :rofl:

Fleckstone paint is the easiest, also some faux suede would look awesome, too.

Amps in the rear door sides would be cool, but in the back of the hatch might be best with their size.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

roll on the bedliner yourself and not pay at all for someone else to do it

I have some of that in my car in various places, but it is not nearly as nice as the professional spray on stuff like Steve used in the hoopty! :P

Neo, if you really want it, try to find some shop that will work with you, they can mix custom colors, but also have them add the UV protection, and it will hold it's color longer.

The shop that I was workin with was not so willing when they saw that they would have to tape/plastic cover the whole car and then climb in there to get the spray done.

PTCary

2003 SMD PT Cruiser

2011 Honda CBR 250R

2010 Mazda 3i Sport

MY BUILD LOG

Archived