Second Skin Audio
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fi Btl Vs Dc Audio Level 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

Poll: FI BTL vs DC audio level 5 (14 member(s) have cast votes)

Which one do you think overall is better spl/sq

1. FI BTL (6 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. DC Audio Level 5 (8 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote

tommy

tommy

120db

• Members
  • 34 posts
not sure if this is the right place to ask, but it said subwoofers!

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,662 posts
those subs are not at all intended for SQ. for SPL yea

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Corolla (Deceased) Outlaw: 141.9 at 45hz

99 Monte Carlo Z34: Stock everything.

2014 Focus ST: Stock 10 speaker Sony system. meh

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

tommy

tommy

120db

• Members
  • 34 posts
i know there not ment to be, but if they had to do both spl and sq. which one would do better?

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,662 posts
if you want a pretty loud SQ sub, i would go with the Fi Q, fully loaded. thatll take probably around 1500rms (pushing it)

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Corolla (Deceased) Outlaw: 141.9 at 45hz

99 Monte Carlo Z34: Stock everything.

2014 Focus ST: Stock 10 speaker Sony system. meh

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

jesseanson

jesseanson

BEETS....I LOVE THOSE!!!

• Members
  • 787 posts
btl
Posted Image
2004 gmc Yukon
270 amp mechman alt.
1 odyssey PC1500 up front
6 kinetik HC2400's in the back
2 18" BTL's fully loaded
2 saz-3500d's strapped
155.7db @ 38hz sealed :)
[color="#FF0000"]

[color="#FF0000"]MY YOUTUBE!!!

Decaf

Decaf

Coffie w/o the Hype

• SMD Gold Member

• 6,903 posts
between those two im going to have to give it to the 08 fi btl overall i would consider the btl a better daily sub lvl5 can take more power for 3-5 seconds for spl

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

RamenNoodles

RamenNoodles

Oriental Flavored

• 18+ All Access!
  • 4,033 posts
Kind of a lopsided question. More people run BTLs then LVL5s so far. BTLs have been out a good amount longer and have more exposure then the lvl5. Both awesome woofers no doubt. You will be happy with either one.

Eric B

Eric B

165db

• Super Moderator
  • 4,340 posts

if you want a pretty loud SQ sub, i would go with the Fi Q, fully loaded. thatll take probably around 1500rms (pushing it)

loud SQ is SQL... a AA Havoc>Fi Q

my .02

Posted Image

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Boon

Boon

MOAR FUNKYPUPS

• 18+ All Access!
  • 4,506 posts
If you want a sub to do both SQ and SPL there's much better options. In the right box they can both sound good and get loud but they're not ideal if HIGH SQ and SPL are what you're after. These subs are more like decent SQ with CRAZY SPL.

Edited by Boon, 13 January 2009 - 09:46 PM.

Posted Image

10.x volts fo' life!

loganberry

loganberry

Dc Power!

• 18+ All Access!

• 12,695 posts
many threads on this topic alone lvl 5 vs btl...99% of the time ppl say its a toss up...both subs are amazing and u cant go wrong with either...or the search button for that matter
My F-150 Build
GET ON THE BANDWAGON
Posted Image
Posted Image

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Mosin

Mosin

dealing with Kicker

• 18+ All Access!
  • 2,162 posts
  • Interests:Audio, Glock, Xbox.

many threads on this topic alone lvl 5 vs btl...99% of the time ppl say its a toss up...both subs are amazing and u cant go wrong with either...or the search button for that matter

X2

Use search button next time. Better yet in the Subwoofer section just scroll down I'm sure you'll find something about the 2. :)

IMO Level 5 over BTL.

Derp.

E a r t h

E a r t h

160db

• SMD Silver Member

• 2,869 posts

Mine has bp, and at least 1500rms going to it without a problem. Never smelled coil or have any hint of mechanical issues at high levels.

Just to clarify, just cuz im doing it doesnt mean it will for you ( general statement).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Namosh

Namosh

Teh Quiet Storm

• 18+ All Access!
  • 2,776 posts
Ummm.....You guys want to tell him how to "search" for Fi Btl vs DC Lv5 without using any words less than 4 characters. Or should he just use the search button for that too? :lol:

ROBERT 04XBLZ

ROBERT 04XBLZ

140db

• Known Scammer
  • 783 posts

Ummm.....You guys want to tell him how to "search" for Fi Btl vs DC Lv5 without using any words less than 4 characters. Or should he just use the search button for that too? :lol:

true thats one problem i had with trying to search on here.
My New Build checklist: (3) 18'' btl fully loaded d2

Applejack

Applejack

165db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 3,555 posts
button on upper right hand corner that says SEARCH.
Midwest Car Audio is on facebook! http://www.facebook....101253286585630

kingsuv

kingsuv

Ignorance Police

• Super Moderator

• 9,953 posts
These polls suck. Both are fine subs. Some of the best out there. If you had taken the time to learn about both, you would of already known that.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

AI James

AI James

know it none.

• Guests

• 25,963 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio, Car Customization, RC Cars, Computers,

These polls suck.

Both are fine subs. Some of the best out there. If you had taken the time to learn about both, you would of already known that.

its rather comical because none of them have handson time with both woofers but are speaking about one being better then the other

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users