Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Numatik's Doored S-20 - bodydropped on doors, ext-ext cab, 10 subs full frame build!

1367 replies to this topic

thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho

• SMD Gold Member

• 6,228 posts

check back in a few mins pix will be added...and im mixing the videos in to one so vid will be up too eventually depending on the quality

no need to put a brightness filter on that video the plasma did it for you.
lots of good laughs at gary's today fun stuff

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,254 posts
  • Interests:Fabrication, Minitrucks, Installing and collecting pythons
Garage View Garage
thanx for comin out guys! next time it will be less work more kick it, i had a big agenda of shit i needed to get done. We had alot of miller time tho afterwards!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemead...l= numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate.  Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches,  Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges.  (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemead...2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

99vic

99vic

180db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 10,149 posts
talk about mad man with a plasma cutter.

wish i could bag my car. but im not into the laying frame thing :cray:
REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????
It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....
It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...
/Rant
:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.
http://www.stevemead...ledge-feedback/

SQMonte

SQMonte

160db

• Members
  • 3,018 posts
damn son! when you say rebuild, you ain't playin'! Can't wait to see how this turns out.
Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03
CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6
Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,254 posts
Garage View Garage

damn son! when you say rebuild, you ain't playin'! Can't wait to see how this turns out.

lol thanks man. this has just started too, this is still about to take a very very very interresting twist....

Edited by numatik, 25 October 2009 - 06:40 PM.

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemead...l= numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate.  Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches,  Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges.  (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

smdsig1.png

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,254 posts
Garage View Garage
oops! 100$ spent at harbor freight today. went to get a saw zaw i saw on sale and god damn left with a ton of shit. and i gotta go back this weekend and get some more stuff, i didnt have enough cash to buy it all. so now im broke till i get paid tonight lol

Posted Image

picked up that saw zaw (24 bucks! fuck yeah! and im gonna beat the shit out of it!)

pack of cut off discs, pack of flaps, pack of saw zaw blades, a new regulator for my welder,vice clamps, a hole saw kit, and a rivet gun

still gotta go back and get a shitload of little stuff. you know how it goes when ur walkin around harbor freight and you see all the little crap for such a good price you cant resist. well it adds up!

Edited by numatik, 28 October 2009 - 12:53 PM.

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho

• SMD Gold Member

• 6,228 posts
I heard those lock grips are good for clamping MDF down.
need help this weekend? :spiteful:

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,254 posts
Garage View Garage

I heard those lock grips are good for clamping MDF down.
need help this weekend? :spiteful:

i prefer using the heavy duty plastic 'quick grip' ones for mdf. but welding iv melted about 10 of them so i thought it was time to get some metal ones :)

part of the weekend ima go solo on this to bang out some of the boring stuff, but later on saturday come by! and sat night im havin a halloween party if anyone wants to come get wasted! and the following weekend im having a bigger party cause its my 21ST BIRTHDAY! KEGGER AT MY HOUSE!! already ordered the keg of highlife for pickup friday nov 6th! everybody come!!!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

99vic

99vic

180db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 10,149 posts
i dont know what the hell lock grips are for but i got about 8 to 10 of em maybe more
REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????
It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....
It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...
/Rant
:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.
http://www.stevemead...ledge-feedback/

Red-navi-916

Red-navi-916

Dont blame nate for your stupidity stupid

• SMD Gold Member

• 6,940 posts

21ST BIRTHDAY! KEGGER AT MY HOUSE!! already ordered the keg of highlife for pickup friday nov 6th! everybody come!!!

dibs on picking the kegger up...so i can get a head start lol

p.s u werent joking about the saw zaw or w.e..u said after using it u trash it lmao...nice
BUILDLOG
http://www.stevemead...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,254 posts
Garage View Garage

dibs on picking the kegger up...so i can get a head start lol

p.s u werent joking about the saw zaw or w.e..u said after using it u trash it lmao...nice

picking it up around 2 friday. do you know anyone who has a tap? i dont wanna rent one...

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,254 posts
Garage View Garage
THE REVEAL!
i just cant wait any longer and i did ALOT of cutting today. 15 saw zaw blades later, and 7 hours of cutting with that and the plasma i have not quite a mockup, but you get the idea.... no turning back now!

cutting the old cab in half. yes in half...those green tape lines were to fuck wtih you guys, they dont actually mean anything :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and more cutting....
Posted Image

and this is as far as i got today. not quite mockup but here it is. it is NOT a crew cab, it is NOT a backwards cab, but a double cab (literally) and ext ext cab (someone said this earlier i believe :) ) this will let me put my seat back further with all my speakers, and allow me to fit MORE speakers!!!! and correct me if im wrong, but i belive this is the ONLY doored ext ext cab 1998+ s10 in the world...

Posted Image

the 3rd door will be huge, i was gonna do double doors but cant seem to get the geometry to work with the body lines. the suicide hinges are gettin sold, well hopefully traded for some new tail lights. at the rate im going i should have this cab mostly welded up by the end of the weekend, then its frame time......

the frame: is NOT getting longer! it will be the same length for one reason and one reason only: so it can fit in my garage. i was originally gonna take both of my beds and weld them together and make a 30' s10, but im not leaving this thing in the driveway! so as I build the sfbd frame, it will 1/4in walled 2x3, narrowed about 8 inches and sent straight back. on the stock frame where it kips up for the bed will remain flat until the rear axle (this will make sense later) and i have an interesting canti design in the works. my homey ryan whos letting be barrow is plasma is gonna water jet my brackets for me at his work. this thing is gonna be gangsta!

heres a shitty rendering of what its gonna look like. work with me, im a fabricator not a graphic designer! if somebody would like to do a better one for me id really appreciate it! the only part i think looks goofy is where the ext cab windows meet, because one side of the window is square, the other is round. so its gonna be a wedge looking peice of sheetmetal ont he upper pillar. in my rendering it looks really bad cause i drew it in paint and just copy pasted and shit till it looked decent enough to get the point across

Posted Image

also this weekend il post more detailed pictures of how im building this cab. theres alot of factors to take into account: the exterior lines of the truck, the amount of bodydrop allowing head room (this is hard to explain, but i will show when i get to that stage), not cutting so much out of the doors that i cant build my subframe floor, interior bracing, integrating factory bracing to hold the bodylines and structural integrity, the tranny tunnel (which will be lifted due to the bodydrop) , how the cab is going to mount to the frame, how the new windows are going to mount (if you have ever removed s10 cab windows youd understand, il take pics), maintaing the roof shape (you can see how im going to actually cut half of the new cabs roof to keep the bodyline) and god damn much much much more im prolly forgetting cause iv been up for 29 hours.... wel see if anyone even reads this novel anyway :p

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Reply to this topic

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2), Yahoo (2)