Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Numatik's Doored S-20 - bodydropped on doors, ext-ext cab, 10 subs full frame build!

1365 replies to this topic

zachhern1

zachhern1

130db

• Members
  • 312 posts
Nice truck! badass fabrication. you have crazy skills. Is your truck a 2.2? if so hows it handle all the weight from the extras? I want to buy a dime for mileage and have it lay frame on 20s but i dont know how a 2.2 would handle bigger rims...

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,228 posts
  • Interests:Fabrication, Minitrucks, Installing and collecting pythons
Garage View Garage

damn dude, thats straight respect... thats the sickest truck i have seen till this day!! cant wait to see this thing when its done!!!

thanks man!!!!

Dont know if you're done or not, but try putting some heat on that peice. It'll move a whole lot easier...

BTW, sweet ass ride, looks like its comming along nicely...

with that thick of plate with that much surface area it would require more heat then i can provide. all i have is a propane torch lol. it ended up working out (thank GOD it would have been an expensive boo boo) and after i shaped it i welded up gussets on the inside. also today i decided that im gonna do all the welding from the inside then do light seam sealer on the outside. should be painted by this weekend then its assembly time!!!

Nice truck! badass fabrication. you have crazy skills. Is your truck a 2.2? if so hows it handle all the weight from the extras? I want to buy a dime for mileage and have it lay frame on 20s but i dont know how a 2.2 would handle bigger rims...

the engine is going to be a major issue. im all over the place on what i want to run. i want an ls2 like i have in my daily, i want diesel, i want hybrid, i want a 454, but over anything i want a typhoon motor. and i may have found one......

you will have no problem with a 2.2 and 20s. i iv been bodied on 20s for like 2 years with over 1000lbs of stereo with no problems, running a smaller booster on stock brakes. bigger brakes would def me a plus tho! i hope you get one!! fun little trucks!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemead...l= numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate.  Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches,  Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges.  (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemead...2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,228 posts
Garage View Garage
more picture updates!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! got the passenger floor welded in! took all day but it was worth it. came out AWESOME im very very very very very very pleased with how this diamond plate is treating me (knock on wood!!)

so first i went back to the metal shop where iv been keeping the full sheets. they were to heavy to bring home and maneuver around the garage by myself, im not a very big guy. plus my homey frank runs the shop part of the metal warehouse, and he hooks it up with free cuts on the sheer! yeah baby!

so first i had him cut the plate into workable sized peices. my floor is "mostly" straight edges so it didnt require to much trimming except around the firewall and the very rear of the cab. for the front and rear of floor where it kips up, i took the grinder and very very very carefully cut through 3/4 of the material to allow it to bend. turned out cool the finished result looks like i did it on a break but i didnt! after about 10 mockups making sure everything was perfect, i drilled 30 plug weld holes aligned with the sub frame below. then i had frank cut the side beaty plates on the sheer then drilled plug weld holes in those too. i did a lonnnnnnng weld from the beauty plate to the floor and really struggled. im still figuring out my new welder and had a hard time dialing it in. it looked alright in the end, driver side will be better

mockup pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

and welded up
Posted Image

heres a closeup on how the bend worked out after notching with the grinder. everything i did today is one solid peice aside from the side beauty plate. after all the big peices are welded, i will concentrate on the little fillers like this triangle peice.
Posted Image

all the plug welds came out perfect. im not even going to grind them down, they laid flat!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemead...l= numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate.  Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches,  Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges.  (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

smdsig1.png

Soulman07

Soulman07

130db

• Members
  • 449 posts
you sir.. are a monster

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup
Viper 791XV
Primer Stage
5/8 Static Drop
Kinetik HC1800
Big 3 Knu Flex 0
Team Tex Flex

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,228 posts
Garage View Garage
damn i slacked off this weekend... i got shitfaced at the bar and mixed too much different liquor and was hungover alll day... 2marro morning im gonna try and finish welding the firewall, get some seam sealer and paint on it then get the cab back on the frame to start reassembling the front end. then finish banging out the floor this week

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

kryptonite

kryptonite

Distant Thunder

• Members

• 3,107 posts
  • Interests:Anything audio related, anything automotive related, Women
Garage View Garage
That floor is gonna be a thing of beauty! Can't wait to see it all buttoned up

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
2 - DC 5k
2 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option
DC 175.4
DC 1.2k
12" lvl 4 (m2)
15" XL (m2)

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick. 

thehoe92

thehoe92

fo sho

• SMD Gold Member

• 6,228 posts
I'ma need to swing by one of these days and talk suspension with ya..
I'm lookin to step into the big boys league if you know what I mean ;)

shits lookin real nice though gary keep it up!

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

8v fury

8v fury

140db

• Members

• 763 posts
Damn, keep up the good work. You are giving me motivation to do work on my nissan. If you need any help, or extra set of hands, let me know, I am up in roseville.
Pushing it to the limits. Want more. Headunit :Kenwood kdc-mp735u More to come soon.

Loudintha509

Loudintha509

140db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 794 posts
  • Interests:Searious beats,big rims, boobies and booties
man cant what till you are putting this biotch back together. im sure you cant either. oh and for hangovers just start drinking again.
I wish every body had beat so I wouldnt have to turn my shit down. Fosgate for life running there shit since I was 16 going on 15 years strong. Not stopping any time soon.

n8ball2013

n8ball2013

Don't blame me for your stupidity

• Super Moderator

• 31,985 posts

man cant what till you are putting this biotch back together. im sure you cant either. oh and for hangovers just start drinking again.

only thing though drinking and welding don't mix. lol. come out the next morning like how the well did my 90 degree angle get to be a 45 lol
THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!
1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab
Alpine CDA-9887
4 Digital Designs 9515
4 Orion 2500d
Orion 8004
3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets
Dual 300 amp Iraggi Alts
8 Optima yellow tops
Second Skin
Stinger
Tsunami Wiring
A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

zachhern1

zachhern1

130db

• Members
  • 312 posts
you will have no problem with a 2.2 and 20s. i iv been bodied on 20s for like 2 years with over 1000lbs of stereo with no problems, running a smaller booster on stock brakes. bigger brakes would def me a plus tho! i hope you get one!! fun little trucks!
[/quote]

I would get bigger brakes for sure...Thanks for the info and have fun making a monster!

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,228 posts
Garage View Garage
big day today! i know iv been slackin on the pics, but today i actually busted out the digicam

-got the fenders cut more, and bolted up
-core support bolted up
-front suspension bolted up
- airlines ran
- firewall finished (90% just need to grab a new holesaw bit to drill for the steering linkage)
-got the pass door on
and actually rolled it out of the garage for the first time since the rebuild!!!

before dangerzone, i still want to fix the roof, metal finish the canti bars, get new hardware in all the link ends, get the headlights and grille on (couldnt find my damn headlight clips today or it woulda been done), finish metal finishing the floor, and flap the entire rear frame down to bare metal, get the cab windows in (zip ties just so they look like there in, still gotta fab brackets). Im going to keep the driver side floor unfinished for the show because of time and i want to show off the subframe. it was alot of work and nobody will ever know its there if i dont show it! also i have some small things i cant think of off the top of my head. i got 8 days to get this shit done, wish me luck! er actually 7 days, one day is driving 2 hrs away to pick up the trailer...

PICTURES!!!

il start with this old rendering casey did for me months and months ago, and my buddy added a motivational caption lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by numatik, 17 March 2010 - 12:56 PM.

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

vr6bass

vr6bass

125db

• Members
  • 213 posts
is that driveshaft clearing the ground in that last pic? :o love it tho.
Posted Image
jl 12w7 ported @ 2cubes at 38hz
rockford fosgate t1500bd

that guy

that guy

125db

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Interests:stuff and things
That truck is badass, it's on another level. Hope to see it around Sac sometime.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Winston Churchill

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,228 posts
Garage View Garage

is that driveshaft clearing the ground in that last pic? :o love it tho.

yea its got about 2 inches, il get a pic from another angle. howver i also still need to adjust my upper 4link bars cause the pinion is hardcore raked at full lift

That truck is badass, it's on another level. Hope to see it around Sac sometime.

oh you will! i didnt build this thing to park it or trailer it everywhere. im only trailering it this time cause it physically cant drive yet lol

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

mbdblue

mbdblue

SMD SUPPORTING MEMBER

• SMD Silver Member

• 4,077 posts
  • Interests:Women, Audio, tools, money, money, money
thats some sick work man! I love the rear suspension setup and the diamond plate. serious metal fab skills. looking forward to seein it finished!

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

kryptonite

kryptonite

Distant Thunder

• Members

• 3,107 posts
  • Interests:Anything audio related, anything automotive related, Women
Garage View Garage
damn brotha! sick work right there! can't wait to see it all finished

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
2 - DC 5k
2 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option
DC 175.4
DC 1.2k
12" lvl 4 (m2)
15" XL (m2)

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick. 

numatik

numatik

145db

• Members

• 1,228 posts
Garage View Garage
got a shitload done today too!!!

i did nothing but sheetmetal fab for 9 hours straight, spacing apart tacks every 3 mins on a different area of the truck, and a couple cigarette breaks in between.

for starters i cut out the section of roof i butchered a few months back
Posted Image

then i used some sheetmetal clamps and speedclamps to get my new roof insert into place
Posted Image

then grabed some scrap metal around the garage that was straight to add more bracing to the roof to prevent warpage. it worked awesome!!

Posted Image

then started tacking away VERY VERY VERY SLOWLY!!! remeber i spent 9 hours getting the tacks this far!
Posted Image

Posted Image

and here are the fillers i made for the drip rails. the driver side has the 3rd door so it only had a 1" section i had to shave

Posted Image

also found my headlight clips and got the front end on. like a month before i parked this thing i did a front end conversion, this is rthe first time its all together with the right peices. before i had an s10 bumper on and there was this huuuge gap between the headlights it looked awful. so i got a bumper from slappy and it looks great now!! thanks again brotha! also a week ago my buddy took my sonoma lights and cleaned them up real good, they look brand new!!

Posted Image

and if anyone noticed way earlier in the thread, when i welded up the huge 3rd door, the top of the second door didnt meet up right. so i cut it up and refabbed it to make it flush. now i gotta get some 1/4in round stock to weld to the body to make it seal. this will make more sense with pics when i get to that point

Posted Image

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Hostility

Hostility

135db

• Members
  • 533 posts
how come the noma front end over the dime front end? or just wanted a change?
99 s10 4.3L Big 3 220amp alt Odyssey 1500 Odyssey 2150 Northstar NSB 75 Sundown Audio 3500D Sundown Audio 125.2 3 Sundown Audio SA-12's Alpine H/U RF Power Comp set 6.5" RF 3 sixty line driver 5.25 cubes @ 31hz

psx2p

psx2p

130db

• Members
  • 345 posts
  • Interests:Bass!!! what else is there?
Hot Damn thats nice

Posted Image
01 GMC Sonoma 4x4
RF T1500.1bd
DC LVL 4 12"

Reply to this topic