Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Focal Vs Hertz

51 replies to this topic

Guest_KyleCannon_*

Guest_KyleCannon_*
  • Guests
Hey guys, What do you guys think are overall better speakers? I am looking at comparing the Focal K2P Series vs the Hi-Energy series. I like very clean sound (natural and not harsh) not mind shattering sound.

15VmaxXL

15VmaxXL

130db

• Members
  • 380 posts
Focal has my vote..
sold everything

Ray

Ray

175db

• Super Moderator

• 8,815 posts
so we are comparing a 1200.00 dollar set against a 400.00 set?????
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Guest_KyleCannon_*

Guest_KyleCannon_*
  • Guests
Their prices aren't on their site... so i have no clue how much they cost :( what about their mille series? I guess more of a question is how do they compare to the price difference as well :)

Edited by KyleCannon, 28 April 2009 - 08:24 PM.

Ray

Ray

175db

• Super Moderator

• 8,815 posts
I was a focal dealer for 6 years now a hertz dealer. No Question which speaker I like more And just pick up a car audio mag. You'll See the industry agrees with me. Test after test after test
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Guest_KyleCannon_*

Guest_KyleCannon_*
  • Guests
I'm sorry, you're saying that you don't like focal anymore?

Ray

Ray

175db

• Super Moderator

• 8,815 posts
Not saying that at all. Great speaker set the k2p. But dollar to dollar the hertz just sounds better to Me. K2p vs. Mlk165. Hertz all day Sq is all subjective. Facts. The hertz tweeter loves to play lower then the tn52 I have a/b'ed k2p drivers against the baby Mille and the hertz Midbass was far better same truck same install same amp All we did was swap drivers. The hertz drivers also love power whereas focal seem to not Handle it. For myself if I was a consumer and dollar amount was an Issue it would be mlk165 all day long. As a shop owner I make it a point to carry the best product At any dollar amount meaning if I felt that focal had a better Product than hertz then they would be back in my store Reason is if I don't do this than my competition would have Better for less than I do. And that will never happen. That is what audio innovations is all about. Having the best bang for the buck regaurdless of what "brands" That is. My shop loyality is to the consumer not to some Manu. Hope that made sense

Guest_KyleCannon_*

Guest_KyleCannon_*
  • Guests
How much are the mlk165s?

Edited by KyleCannon, 28 April 2009 - 08:55 PM.

matt402

matt402

170db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,417 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio!!!
i'm not really an sq guy but i have heard both sets of speakers and i would have to agree, $ for $ the hertz are nicer. the sq in the aifresno hummer is amazing (before the bass knocks your head off).
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

Ray

Ray

175db

• Super Moderator

• 8,815 posts
Retail is 1100

Guest_KyleCannon_*

Guest_KyleCannon_*
  • Guests
Is that the best you can do on those? I mean I'm not trying to haggle or anything, I am just curious is all.

jvillefinest

jvillefinest

130db

• Members
  • 331 posts
i have 2 sets of 165k2p. i love them. Still after 3 years running off of JL 300/2 they still sing. The tweeter is a little on the harsher side of the spectrum but there are those that have been able to tune it to their liking. Havent messed with HERTZ though. So i am biased, but i had to bump up my favorite part of my system.
2007 Acura TSX Stock Navigation Rockford 360.2 (FOR SALE) Sundown SAZ3500 2 12" DC Sound Lab LvL4 @2ohm JL 600/4 2 Sets of Focal 165K2P

ARMYSGT_D

ARMYSGT_D

140db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 816 posts
i run focal k2p as well they sound great no matter what i threw at them and when i got my line driver eq i was able to take someharshness out the tweeters and they sound amazing. i also sat in a similar size car with hertz and his shit soundas good if not better than mine and his was cheaper only difference is he had the audiocontrolthree.1 same deck and amp
current set-up
kenwood ddx 712
clarion eq
focal 165 k2p front
focal 165v2 rear
2 re audio sexxx 12
us amps md3d
us amps md42
1 optima yellow top (rear)
1 xs power 5100r (front)
big 3 and 1 run 1/0 stinger wire

my build
my rebuild
Posted ImagePosted Image

huge

huge

120db

• Members
  • 11 posts
guys try hertz mlk165 + audison lrx amps combo you'll gonna love it :)

SPL2K

SPL2K

140db

• Super Moderator

• 995 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio / Boats / Guns / ATV's
Hertz!

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

07sOnAtA sp.ed

07sOnAtA sp.ed

160db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 3,072 posts

Focal has my vote..

this.

CURRENTLY UNDER RE-CONSTRUCTION

2008 Hyundai Sonata

Team T3 Audio

Team Deadly Hertz

Team SMD (Street Motivated Devastation)

Posted Image

Neel

Neel

135db

• Members
  • 508 posts
Why do you have it narrowed down to those two sets? There are plenty of great companies out there that make great speakers like Image Dynamics or Dynaudio. Maybe try looking around at all your options, but anyways in this case i would pick the Hertz.
Too Much Stuff to list .

tacomabanga1986

tacomabanga1986

Find em hot, Leave em wet

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,529 posts
  • Interests:my family, firefighting, car audio, emergency lights
how much is hertz? and i need some that can handle 50-75rms each set, i kno u get what u pay for but i want around $150-$300 set of comps that sound crisp and clean
here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp
here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car
heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

moh.vze.com

moh.vze.com

155db

• Members
  • 2,393 posts

how much is hertz? and i need some that can handle 50-75rms each set, i kno u get what u pay for but i want around $150-$300 set of comps that sound crisp and clean

How does Hertz compare to DLS MS6A speakers? I'm thinking about swapping out these $250 speakers for something else.

n/m I'll start my own thread later for component suggestions

Edited by moh.vze.com, 22 September 2009 - 10:53 AM.

fatstraw-sig.gif

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate

AI James

AI James

know it none.

• Guests

• 25,963 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio, Car Customization, RC Cars, Computers,
depends on the set you want

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users