Focal Vs Hertz

Guest DC Power Kyle

Dont quote me on model numbers as both lines are relatively new to dealers near me. I went to both shops that have focal and hertz and used the same cd as my reference. I listened to what the dealers told me were the intro and medium level lines in both. To give you an idea both intro lines were in that 300 to 400 range while the medium levels were both in that 650 to 800 buck range. I didnt listen to anything that was over 800 bucks as I know both lines have. I all cases I thought the focals sounded better. the mid bass in the focals was better and the the tweets sounded smoother in both lines. I know SQ as we call it is subjective and I know the listening boards and equipment used was different, but I left the hertz dealer thinking they sounded harsh to me. I also thought the Hertz mid and mid bass didnt play as low and as cleanly as the Focals in each line.

Dont quote me on model numbers as both lines are relatively new to dealers near me. I went to both shops that have focal and hertz and used the same cd as my reference. I listened to what the dealers told me were the intro and medium level lines in both. To give you an idea both intro lines were in that 300 to 400 range while the medium levels were both in that 650 to 800 buck range. I didnt listen to anything that was over 800 bucks as I know both lines have. I all cases I thought the focals sounded better. the mid bass in the focals was better and the the tweets sounded smoother in both lines. I know SQ as we call it is subjective and I know the listening boards and equipment used was different, but I left the hertz dealer thinking they sounded harsh to me. I also thought the Hertz mid and mid bass didnt play as low and as cleanly as the Focals in each line.

your shops are hella over sharging for an entry line

msrp in dieci comps are like 199 energy comps 299 hienergy comps 499 then milles are crazy expernsive from 999 up in the 3 grands depending on the set

your shops are hella over sharging for an entry line

msrp in dieci comps are like 199 energy comps 299 hienergy comps 499 then milles are crazy expernsive from 999 up in the 3 grands depending on the set

word...

i had a shop selling the high energy for around 400.

2003 Silverado

DSC_0262sig.jpg

Kenwood 8120

Sundown SAX125.2

Hertz HSK165.4

Sundown SAZ1500

Deciding on subs

word...

i had a shop selling the high energy for around 400.

that is less than suggested retail for a set of 6 1/2 components $449... so it was a decent price

the focals I forgot what they sounded like, but they always sounded great to me, Hertz is very impressive also. as a dealer of Hertz, I can not be unbiased no matter how hard I try... It usually comes down to supporting the cocky french or the fun loving pasta producing Itailians ... or the french Renault or the Italian lambo...

:D

how about they are both great speakers, I am a true believer in the Hertz line though... light years above quart and definately better than most of the morel line when compared to the hi energy... give me about an hour and I will get you some info on the Hertz via a link... not promoting me or the line as I only come here to screw off and get away from the other BS... plus starting October I am not messing with anything that isn't MB or Porsche (maybe Saab and Lotus) as I do not have the time... so i am not looking for money, handouts, or spam...

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

OK

First and foremost, I am not trying to sell anything to ya's... so don't go there.. i am just trying to help ya out with some info on the Hertz/Audison equipment that isn't available elsewhere

so with that said...

on my site, which I haphazardly and temporarily added some info in flash... I have some fine tuning to do, so no need to reply and get off the topic (pm me, email me, or start another thread...which you will have to email me to let me know that you did)

anyways on the drop down menu that says products, select audio, then you have your choice of audison, hertz, or hertz... select the hertz speakers and go to hi-energy...

give it time to load!!!!!!!!!!!!! also it has technical data and some other stuff in there also........ but it will need to load!!!!!!!!! so if you select system at the end of the intro... you most likely will need to wait a few seconds... then it will have some more options... enjoy!

http://www.northolmstedperformance.com

And NO ray you can't copy off me :D

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

OK

First and foremost, I am not trying to sell anything to ya's... so don't go there.. i am just trying to help ya out with some info on the Hertz/Audison equipment that isn't available elsewhere

so with that said...

on my site, which I haphazardly and temporarily added some info in flash... I have some fine tuning to do, so no need to reply and get off the topic (pm me, email me, or start another thread...which you will have to email me to let me know that you did)

anyways on the drop down menu that says products, select audio, then you have your choice of audison, hertz, or hertz... select the hertz speakers and go to hi-energy...

give it time to load!!!!!!!!!!!!! also it has technical data and some other stuff in there also........ but it will need to load!!!!!!!!! so if you select system at the end of the intro... you most likely will need to wait a few seconds... then it will have some more options... enjoy!

http://www.northolmstedperformance.com

And NO ray you can't copy off me :D

I saw this flash info on a foreign website before and was curious on the front grills they show in the flash presentation for the subwoofers. Is that something new this year or have they been available in the past? Were there any changes to the subs this year compared to the last models or was just the compenenet and coaxial speakers updated? I have as set of last year's model HX 250D subs and was wondering if those grills would work on them. Also, since I have someone with Hertz experience, did they ever have grill covers for the HV 200 midbass or were they not made for those speakers? Thanks

1970 Chevy Blazer K5

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS - Audison Bit One.1

Hertz HT25 Tweets,HD500 Mids,HV200 Midbass,HX250D's Subs

Arc Audio KS 300.2,KS 300.4,KS 1000.1

I saw this flash info on a foreign website before and was curious on the front grills they show in the flash presentation for the subwoofers. Is that something new this year or have they been available in the past? Were there any changes to the subs this year compared to the last models or was just the compenenet and coaxial speakers updated? I have as set of last year's model HX 250D subs and was wondering if those grills would work on them. Also, since I have someone with Hertz experience, did they ever have grill covers for the HV 200 midbass or were they not made for those speakers? Thanks

there were grills for the HV200's they were optional

as for subwoofers the style that looks like the mille cone is the last ones that are out, nothing new theres the ones with the conventional hertz cap and then theres the newest vcone ones

there were grills for the HV200's they were optional

as for subwoofers the style that looks like the mille cone is the last ones that are out, nothing new theres the ones with the conventional hertz cap and then theres the newest vcone ones

Yes, I have the mille looking subs, so that is a plus. Also nice to know that there were grills available for the HV200's. I will have to do some hunting down for them if any are still in existence to buy or order.

1970 Chevy Blazer K5

Pioneer DEH-P800PRS - Audison Bit One.1

Hertz HT25 Tweets,HD500 Mids,HV200 Midbass,HX250D's Subs

Arc Audio KS 300.2,KS 300.4,KS 1000.1

Archived