Wiring an amp meter with shunt + voltmeter

I just got the amp and voltage meter I ordered from Asia Engineer on eBay, and I thought wiring it up would be simple but the instructions prove to be a little more complicated. Apparently each meter must have it's own separate power supply, and they can not measure from the same source.

first of all, does anyone know any reason why they would not be able to use the same power supply for their working power. These are not car specific, so there may be a reason I'm overlooking. I can't see why it would cause problems, and any power in a car is from a single source, the battery, so I have no choice but to use the same power supply to power them.

The meters are 5v, and I have a 7805 regulator that steps the cars voltage (it's been tested at 15v) down to a steady 4.95 volts, this circuit includes caps to smooth spikes. what would be the problem in powering both meters from this circuit?

Secondly, the shunt that's included for the amp meter, will it cause any problems with electrical flow or current, or will it interfere in anyway? I would like to hook it up from my alt to measure the total load put on the alt. Should I measure the battery instead? Ideally I would like to see what kind of current is being drawn from my audio system when it spikes, and when it's running, but I would also like to know the overall load being put on my system.

If I measure the amperage from the battery then according to the wiring diagram/instructions below I won't be able to measure the voltage from there.

So what do I do here? How do I wire these up?

Panel%20Meter%20Wiring%20Diagram.jpg