• 4 weeks later...

The bike looks great. Hopefully recovery is going well

It has been 4 weeks now since surgery to the left shoulder.

The surgeon told me that the inside of my shoulder was much worse than he had thought, but surgery went perfect.

I’m recovering at home, and my wife treats me as a price. She is such an amazing woman.

For the moment my arms still hangs in a bandage, so I move it as little as possible. In order the muscles and tendons heal well. This is very important.

In three weeks I can start physiotherapy.

Now I fill my days laying in my bed a lot and surfing the www.

Every day I try to sit in my wheelchair a bit longer. Laying in bed was nice the first week, but then, the boredom strikes.

This I had already bought before surgery and modified it a bit. Once I’m able to drive it, I can go for a tour.

I also sold 2 bikes I may not drive in the future, and in the meanwhile I have purchased an e-bike.

This I had already bought before surgery and modified it a bit. Once I’m able to drive it, I can go for a tour.

Good to here it sound like recovery is going well

• 1 month later...

Good luck too you my brother. Had surgery on my left shoulder b4. i know your pain. You sir are a beast with your creations! Love the Rossi reference on the bike. Get well.

As you can see in the movie, I'm going through life in a wheelchair.

Of course my bimmer is adapted, so the gas and the brake is operated at the steering wheel.

You can let a specialized company do this, but I chose to do it myself.

I let a company do it to my first car, and this looked hideous, AND it cost me a lot of money too...

Meanwhile, this is my 4th car I adjusted myself.

You can do it yourself, as long as it's properly done, and all secure. Once your build is done, you need to get an approval, by a technical inspection.

Of course there are rules you must respect.

One of those things is, that you can not weld onto the brake pedal

This is a picture of the entire system that is mounted to the steering gear.

On the left you see the bracket where the pivot point of the brake is mounted.

This bracket must be made very strong, cause a lot of power comes on it, especially when you have to do an emergency brake.

DSC01952_resize_zps6axi8lvc.jpg

DSC01949_resize_zpshgx6nq8c.jpg

DSC01950_resize_zpsk7nn2hg5.jpg

The bracket itself is mounted with 2 clamps on the handlebar and two screws on the side (where the dashboard is secured)

DSC01965_resize_zps6anckx9j.jpg

DSC01963_resize_zpsiye5lnmr.jpg

This piece is screwed to the brake pedal.

DSC01935_resize_zpsyzadr0u4.jpg

DSC01968_zps1bkpsq6k.jpg

This adjustable rod is connected between the brake pedal and brake on the steering wheel.

DSC01947_resize_zpsjigymhqy.jpg

Here you can see how everything is mounted in the bimmer.

The iron bar with the rubber handle that you see, is my brakepedal.

Before the handle you see a mountainbike-brake. This is the thing I use to accelerate.

P1020837_resize_zpsemfyxxqv.jpg

So, the brake lever is connected with a steel rod, screwed onto the brake pedal. This works perfectly, and most of the time, I only need a few fingers to brake.

What acceleration is concerned, I've made this with an INOX shiftingcable of a bicycle. The runs into a "gain", and comes our behind of the gas pedal.

By pulling the mountain bike lever, I also pull the gas pedal. It works perfectly, and runs smooth.

The advantage of how I made it, is that my wife can operate the entire vehicle in the normal way, feetwise.

P1020841_resize_zpsnuct4px4.jpg

Clip_resize_zpsmbq7rvlb.jpg

Wow...those are really slick hand controls.

I'm interested in how you interfaced to the accelerator.

I was wanting to do something similar to mine, to control the idle during competitions.

I bought a vernier cable which is supposed to connect onto the throttle body under the hood but doesn't work on these cars due to the throttle position sensor (threw my car into limp mode and scared me into thinking I broke something... :P).

Yet again...inspiring work Sir :good:

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Archived