My F-150 stock floor body drop/custom truck build

Well it looks promising for being finished and ready for pick up tomorrow. Everything went fine on the test drive last night and there are just a few little things to finish up. I can't wait, it has been way too long since I drove it.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

that's awesome dude, i wanna see draggin videos

I will as soon as I find a way to protect the roll pan. It isn't like a bagged truck that you drag the frame, the body (sheet metal sides of the truck) touch the ground before anything else.

I've been toying with the idea of getting some trailer hitch balls and mounting them using a spring under the truck so that they will move up when it is laid out but hang down enough to drag when I'm driving. I'm sure it has been done many times I just have to find a picture so that I know where to start.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

Well it was a No Go for pick up today. Talked to them thismorning and they are building new air tanks for it. The 4x4x 0.25 steel tanks they built because it has no room left under there are not going to cut it. They are long enough that they are bulging under pressure so they are making some new round ones. Hope I don't loose any more storage cause it was only about 4-5 gallons of air with the square tubing tanks. I still have the 4 viair compressors so they will fill up fast just won't be able to play too much.

I'm glad they are rebuilding the tanks before I got it back here, 4 hours each way to pick it up is no fun. I will gladly wait an extra day to give them time to build me something better especially cause it isn't costing me anything.

I got a chance to spend Friday and Saturday in Houston, visited my truck and even rode in it around the neighborhood. Was supposed to be done friday night so I rolled out about lunch and when I got there they went over what was left to do and knocked all of that out. Pulled it off the lift drove it around and found more stuff that needed some attention. With the assurance that it was just about done and I could have it Saturday I found a Hotel and stayed overnight. Well today they finished the last of the new list of things and when they pulled it out again they laid it out. To my surprise it didn't "lay body" like I expected. The back lays out hard but the front lacks about an inch or so. We messed with it for a while and found that the oil pan hits the ground and needs to be raised so a couple shims later it got about half an inch closer to the ground but now the front fenders are hitting the tires and need to be cut out and redone and the engine needs to be raised another half inch or so. And now for some reason the passenger front wheel is about an inch farther forward than the drivers side??? Don't know how that happened and I wouldn't have noticed it but we were looking at everything to see why it wasn't going all the way down. Long story short I'm out $300 and still don't have the truck and all I get from them is "relax we are going to make it right for you". Everything is getting fixed and at least it is all be addressed before I get it back home. Maybe I will get it back before I get depolyed again this summer. I took some pics I will upload as soon as I find my wire to hook it up to the computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived