Sonic Electronix

The "minimum" to make the ground "shake" with your subs?

I know there isn't like an exact amount of power or size or something that you need, but what would do it? :) I see (well, feel - the road in front of my house leads right to a high school lols) it all the time so I know that it's "easily" possible.

I'm pretty much so a noob at the whole car audio thing.. for now.

Also, I drive an 09 aveo sedan if it helps lol

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

blowthrough with 2 15s and about 1500 rms per sub will do it.. tune to about 34hz and you should be fine

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

shaking ground seem hard...i heard a few pretty loud cars but never notices the bedrock vibrating,but you have to hit the pavement's resonant for it to vibrate like everything else.

RE se xxx 18d2 (4)

Audioque 2200 (2)

DC Power 270XP blue

3 C&D fr310

Stinger wiring

CDT components

if you wanna crack the pavement tune LOW....

but as for how much shit you're going to need it may take quite a bit...I wont even begin to tell LOL...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

if you wanna crack the pavement tune LOW....

but as for how much shit you're going to need it may take quite a bit...I wont even begin to tell LOL...

All I want is for it to shake other cars/and the floors of houses when I drive by :D (and usually systems that do this, you can also feel it if you're standing on the ground (ex: it's driving down road and you're on sidewalk) I'm not saying like a mile away lol.. but yeah

All I want is for it to shake other cars/and the floors of houses when I drive by :D (and usually systems that do this, you can also feel it if you're standing on the ground (ex: it's driving down road and you're on sidewalk) I'm not saying like a mile away lol.. but yeah

trying to get a system just to do that is a dick move. i know way too many people like this that give bassheads a bad name.

"Most" of those are prefag, uh,... I mean Pre-Fab boxes with very high tuning. They might sound loud outside, but in that vehicle it probably sounds like crap, at least to me they do.

But tuning low (~33 hz) will make it feel like an earthquake if you have the power, right box, and subs. :hairtrick:

EDIT: And X2 ^^

If you want a system for that sole purpose, then you're giving Car Audioz a worse "name" then it already is.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Pre-fab is the worst way to go and is solely for tight budget builds and noobs. If you want to shake things up then custom enclosures with a low tuning is the way to go. We who love car audio and enjoy it as a hobbie have a bad name with many people as it is. Wanting to create a "system" for the sole purpose of shaking things up and disturbing people is what worsens our name. We do this as a hobby because we all enjoy working together, learning new things, and creating new and better products. We do it for the competition because we naturally love to compete just as anyone else does. Car audio is a great hobby and brings many people together so please dont be doing this just to give us all a bad name.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Pre-fab is the worst way to go and is solely for tight budget builds and noobs. If you want to shake things up then custom enclosures with a low tuning is the way to go. We who love car audio and enjoy it as a hobbie have a bad name with many people as it is. Wanting to create a "system" for the sole purpose of shaking things up and disturbing people is what worsens our name. We do this as a hobby because we all enjoy working together, learning new things, and creating new and better products. We do it for the competition because we naturally love to compete just as anyone else does. Car audio is a great hobby and brings many people together so please dont be doing this just to give us all a bad name.

Not even, It's usually cheaper to build your own box. Go check out BestBuy's boxes and tell me if they're cheap. It's for people who don't own tools, experience, and those who don't know.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Archived