Pics on p2, Class D in the home. Crown XLS 1000 pics are up :)

Brilliant, isn't it fun when new toys are on the way? Don't forget Jon, you owe me an in-depth review. I don't get any new toys, so I have to vouyer other's...nothing suss.

Cheers,

Mick

Mickey I won't forget about you I promise.

I know what your talking about, needing to live through others. Man it usually takes me 3 years from the time I find a product I really want and obsess over before I can go buy it. Here recently for a short time I haven't had that issue but life overall is just getting more expensive so I'll be going back to 3 year increments soon LOL.

The good news is that if I get this run of amps that got shipped, I will really get to try the XLS 1000 out as I'm living out in the country with 30 acre's around me so I should get to push it pretty well and the power company has been strengthening up our power lines since we had a really bad winter. LOL I'm already getting 120 volts and 240 volts instead of 110 and 220 in the house. :woot:

Why is this important to me? I'm moving back to a city the middle of June and they call the cops for loud music so I won't get to pound on the amp much after I move.:(

Mick follow this link to see my house speakers (Morel and Kicker): This is what I will be using the amp with and they should be a perfect match with thoughts I might need stronger caps because of saturation issues but they might be competent enough.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/73729-7-year-freshen-up-on-my-house-speakers/

My house speakers should be a perfect match with this amp. I know they are being used with a Harman Kardon HK3470. Its got a ballzy amp in it. 10 years at 4 ohm and it still pounding like a champ.

Do you have any issue's with my crossovers being hard wired on the tweeter?

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

...Do you have any issue's with my crossovers being hard wired on the tweeter?

Not at all. You have made very solid connections on your frequency divider, and I highly doubt component failure will result. I think that you should be quite happy with the performance you will get out of this unit. I think I still remember when we were discussing the components for the crossover? Made good choices with quality components.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

Not at all. You have made very solid connections on your frequency divider, and I highly doubt component failure will result. I think that you should be quite happy with the performance you will get out of this unit. I think I still remember when we were discussing the components for the crossover? Made good choices with quality components.

Cheers,

Mick

Thank you Mick. :)

PS I'll be hitting up the amp company Monday morning to get my amp shipped out with this first run.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

• 2 weeks later...

OK guys its here for everyone waiting on this thread I will have everything up tonight when I get my work done.

Pics,thoughts, and everything else.

Joobles it was deffently worth the wait.

I said if I could have just 2 weeks with this amp while I live out in the country I would be happy, Well I'm getting 3 weeks :).

June 11th will be here soon though.

EDIT: I forgot about my Woot fucker, :woot:

EDIT at 12:30am: I'm not messing with photobucket to night. you'll get pics tomorrow.

Terryswork001.png

post them pics man. debating on getting one myself.is 300 a good price?

http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/product_view.cgi?products_id=20964

Yep I just got home and I will get the pics transfered over to Photophuckit.

To anyone that buys one of these units would you do me a favor and buy from www.uniquesquared.com. This is where mine came from and they are an authorized dealer but there is one sales person that I would like to recommend and his name AJ at extension 114.

Out of all the guys I dealt with there AJ was by far the nicest person to deal with and if these guys get commission then he deserves it. I don't get anything out of the deal but please tell AJ that Jon Stalter aka aampman on Ebay sent you to him or the guy moving from TN to Ohio as we were trying to get my amp to me before I moved.

Web address: http://www.uniquesquared.com/servlet/Categories?$catalog.Oem=Crown&$catalog.OemId=1626832

Phone number: 1-800-688-6315 and AJ's EXT is 114 and tell him I sent you Jon Stalter, Ebay member aampman as that is were I purchased mine from.

OK onto a different topic I have been talking to Crown alot and found out that even though the XLS 1000 is a great amplifier and sounds really good that the other 3 amps in the line up have an audible difference in sound quality and found out after it was too late that for what I'm using my amp for that I really needed the XLS 1500.

So I am willing to sell my brand new XLS 1000 so I can get the XLS 1500. Mine is fully tested and works perfect and is a 10 out of 10 and it has a 3 year fully transferable warranty. I do have to sell it for what a new one cost plus shipping but it is brand new DUH.

So I will sell it for $325 shipped to your door and most people won't notice the difference in sound quality but Crown feels I need the XLS 1500 instead for my application.

So if anyone that is a serious buyer is interested let me know and because its a Crown that was used for a couple of days does not really mean you are buying a used product.

Well I'm heading over to Photophukit.

Terryswork001.png

:woot: I know some of you guys have been waiting on this maybe almost as bad as I have been waiting on this amp.

Well guys the wait is over. I got the amp and now I have your pics and as a bonus, I did open it up and got detailed gut pics. :woot:

To anyone that feels its a big deal to have higher resolution pics PM me your Email and I will share at my disgression(can't spell).

Sorry to any of the new guys but if I don't feel that you know enough, then I probably won't send you any high res pics as it takes time to do it and I don't have time to spare. <_<

On with the pics.

IMG_3042.jpg

IMG_3041.jpg

IMG_3040.jpg

IMG_3047.jpg

IMG_3049.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

Terryswork001.png

Heres the rest.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

Terryswork001.png

Thing of beauty

It sounds great but I guess the 1500,2000, and 2500 are supposed to have better SQ and thats why I want the XLS 1500.

I want to keep both but I just can't afford both rite now. I couldn't afford this but I got a deal because of the presale.

Terryswork001.png

Archived