How much does a typical paint job cost?

I would love to get my entire jeep re-painted but I have heard people say it is $600, $800, $1200. So I was just curious what it would cost to get that done. That includes the grey side skirts or w/e you would call them, bumpers, front grille, all the handles. I would want a really deep not very glossy finish too. I don't know a thing about paint... thanks guys.

007-3.jpg

you can go to these basic shops that use cheap paint, like macco i think it is, but iv been down this road before, and the paint job i got on a truck once i would wash it the towel I had used would be the color of the truck, this happened many times, then the car was nasty looking.

to paint my project car I have im looking at 2500 or more, for something that looks good and will last all season,

you should consider doing it your self,

the guns and compressors and all can be rented if you look around,

and online and local stores you can buy a pop up car tint,

iv bought a full paint kit, from H.O.K. house of colors for 550 ish, 2 tone candy, its much cheaper for base coats.

also ppg is cheap to.

something to consider, its really not to hard to do. it cost alot because its time consuming, but it pays off.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

I would love to get my entire jeep re-painted but I have heard people say it is $600, $800, $1200. So I was just curious what it would cost to get that done. That includes the grey side skirts or w/e you would call them, bumpers, front grille, all the handles. I would want a really deep not very glossy finish too. I don't know a thing about paint... thanks guys.

007-3.jpg

not sure about pricing in the states for that type of work but i would expect to pay more then that, especially for a good paint job, that included all the door jambs and etc. here id expect to pay maybe 2k or more for a proper job price will also depend on if you prep yourself, or how much prep needs to be done at the shop by them.

2005 pontiac g6

alpine 9887

mach 5 mli-65 mids w/ seas neo tweets

mb quart dsc 4125/dsc 280

2 12" mach 5 audio spls

sound digital 8k

c&d batts/red top

2 runs pos/neg in 1/0

dc power 270a sp alt

knu wiring/rcas

What is wrong with your Jeep so you want it re-painted?

in pictures you can't tell but it has tons of scratches, the girl I bought it from had 3 dogs and when she would come home they jumped all over the car and scratched it to shit. and some of the paint got chipped(by rocks while driving I guess) so I get little tiny rust dots around the car... also people have hit me in parking lots so I have marks all on the sides. Looks bad in person when you get with in 20ft during the day

you can go to these basic shops that use cheap paint, like macco i think it is, but iv been down this road before, and the paint job i got on a truck once i would wash it the towel I had used would be the color of the truck, this happened many times, then the car was nasty looking.

to paint my project car I have im looking at 2500 or more, for something that looks good and will last all season,

you should consider doing it your self,

the guns and compressors and all can be rented if you look around,

and online and local stores you can buy a pop up car tint,

iv bought a full paint kit, from H.O.K. house of colors for 550 ish, 2 tone candy, its much cheaper for base coats.

also ppg is cheap to.

something to consider, its really not to hard to do. it cost alot because its time consuming, but it pays off.

That's funny. I would love to see you paint a car in a tent in your yard with rented equipment and see how good it comes out. It takes skill and most of the work is prepping a car.

To the OP. I have painted cars before in a few different shops and for a good re-paint you should expect to pay around $1000. That doesnt include body work, jambs or a color change.

if you want it done right, including body work its gonna cost you. i was quoted $4-5K for my suburban, that was a color change including jambs and under the hood. I think if you stick with the same color you can save a bit. Call a local body shop.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

That's funny. I would love to see you paint a car in a tent in your yard with rented equipment and see how good it comes out. It takes skill and most of the work is prepping a car.

To the OP. I have painted cars before in a few different shops and for a good re-paint you should expect to pay around $1000. That doesnt include body work, jambs or a color change.

some peoples got it i guess.

I painted a small 2 door eclipse in a portable garage that could hold a full size pick up, with lots of room to spare. I did it inside my garage thats rather large, i used the tint to keep dirt and duct to a minimum, as well as bugs,

its best to rent a heavy duty compressor and buy a decent paint gun. you cant really use a small compressor because you will have pressure drop fast and the paint will not fan out right.

also yes prep is where it all comes together, for me it seems to work when you use a nice palm sander and other basic tools and strip the car down, from there use a polyester filler, after you use some guide coat, its a black power you smear over the car so too the high and low spots, then just add some polyester filler and block it smooth, polyester works great its very easy to sand, and it falls to the ground, and does not float in the air.

144+ DB'S OUT OF A CONVERTIBLE

12" Funky Pup Subwoofer (The worlds most powerful subwoofer)

6" Aero Ported Box

Hifonics - Bxi2010-D

Pioneer Deck

RD Audio - Front Speaker

Rockford Fosgate - Rear Speakers

KnuKonceptz - 0 Gauge Wire

KnuKonceptz SS Karma - 10 Gauge Sub Wire

KnuKonceptz - Krystal Kable Rca

Big 3 - Upgrade - 0 Gauge

Kinetik - Hc1800 Battery

Where the hell they getting theirs painted at?! Here its 5,000 fucking dollars for a standard paint job!! And that was just on a Bonneville. Trust me, I have actually been told these prices by the shops, if you get it for the prices you mentioned consider yourself lucky.

1993 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.

Jensen UV10 DVD HU

Two 12" Sony Xplode (temporary)

Archived