What Volume Headunits Clip At

Has anyone ever tested the Pioneer Premier deh-p790bt? I'm curious about it. Right now I'm set all flat except four clicks up on high end and one click up to the left off that. door speakers are run through the factory harness. No external amps, processing or anything else is turned on or installed. I use my IPhone through the bluetooth set flat also. Thanks for checking to see if there are any results.

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee LimitedHU: Pioneer Premier DEH-P790btFront doors: JBL Gt series 6x9'sRear doors: StockSub Amp: DC Audio 3.5K Subs: 2 DC Audio lvl 4 12's with XL uprades and carbon fiber capsAlternator: Mechman 240

Wire: Wirez 1/0 awg OFC amp wire kit

dcid5_zps46f1f305.jpg

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i tested my SONY bt2800 and for a cheap ass head unit it actually surprised me! i can run it at 43/50 according to a dd1. and that is playing music blue-toothed thru my phone. with a cd it was like 44 or 45. i thought that deck would clip at like 30 lol

so now there is finally some sony feedback in this thread ;)

Just want to make sure people know that every headunit is not created the same, or equal. Just because someone has tested the same headunit you have and says it clips at volume XX doesn't mean yours is the same!!

I just tuned another alpine cda-105 the other week and the smd dd-1 said volume 30 of 35. Retested my garage cda-105, same settings and its max volume was still 24 of 35, just to be sure it was not the dd-1. With a few other alpine cda-105s volumes where from 24-27.

Noticed the same thing with 2 Pioneer dvd4300s that Ive tuned, 2 different max volumes...

Think of it similar to some of the amps that come with birthsheets, like the RF amps for examples, Some of them do way more power then others according to birthsheets. This is due to variances in mosfets, capacitors, resistors, solder joints and anything else that amps, headunits, and basic electronics are made from.

• 2 weeks later...

Audible distortion is @ 43 I believe on my Sony this is with the master volume on my EQ all way down

My HU model is in my sig.

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

Anyone know Kenwood KIV-BT901 clipping volume

200amp HO

Big 3

Diamond Audio S500s (front)

Diamond Audio M65.1a (rear)

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kicker, Stinger, Knu 0 gauge, 4 gauge

Kinetik HC2000b x 2

Hifonics BE2100.1

Memphis MR4.480

SQ HDC312's x 2 36hz

Another thing. You are always better upgrading your power wires to the headunit.

Cars can use a common ground wire that in turn can add resistance, same goes for the power wire.

Overkill, I know but I always use 10 gauge power and ground for my head unit's. Something I think people overlook sometimes. Same as voltage drop @ the headunit...

So, as Audiofanaticz says; there are many variables to take into account so take every result with a pinch of salt!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know what the KDC BT948HD clips at?

Anyone know Kenwood KIV-BT901 clipping volume

Anyone know the KDC-355U clipping volume?

anyone?

Lots of Kenwoods. Nada answers. :(

Alpine PDX-V9

Morel Tempo 6

Alpine SBR-S8-4

Alpine CDE 149BT

Archived