CDT audio

rboudreaux77

i have seen some people on this forum that have CDT audio for their mids and highs and im wondering how good they sound? i know they have MANY different choices and some go from pretty cheap to really fricking expensive and im looking more at the cheap side lol. i wanna put a component set in my front doors thats why im lookin around for a change. right now i have memphis mclass 6x9s and 6.5s coaxials. should i make the switch or just stick with the memphis stuff? if i do stay with memphis im gonna get the 6.5 mclass component for my front doors but for the price of the memphis component i can get a CDT component and CDT 6x9s.

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

2008 Chevy Impala (Daily Driver)

Pioneer touchscreen w/navi

1 DC XL 15" (around 4cuft ported box)

1 AQ2200

1 AQ90x4

Memphis MClass 6.5s (front doors)

Memphis MClass 6x9s (rear deck)

stock alt & front batt; 1 Red top in the trunk

139.2db sealed (on my old JL1000/1)

140.0db outlaw (on my old JL1000/1)

1992 Chevy S-10 Ext cab. (project car)

Coming Soon: Bagged with some kind of wall.

I like them but find them to be slightly lacking in the midbass. I've always had them in big installs though so that may have more to do with it. If I switch or should I say when it will be for hertz .

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yea, i just put some in my yukon and i think that they can use some more midbass also. Think they still have there promo going on for the cl62 pro-x pakcage, which is componets with upstage tweeter and free rear 6.5 coaxial for 250?

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

ya cdt isnt known for midbass. hence why i have the ES-07 for midrange and hertz HV-200 for midbass

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i know right? im not sure what im going to do once these ones give out on me. hopefully they wont but in the back of my head i know shit is going to hit the fan sooner or later

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

i just realized that out of 10 drivers currently in my car half of them are out of production (the other half are cdt's still in production)

aint that a bitch

• 2 months later...

I've been running CDT audio for about 5yrs now, I like the hd series the best. As far as mid bass I've never had a problem getting enough, I do have a Eclipse 7200 mkII witch is a sound quality head unit. Amps and speakers can only play whats put to them. So if your not feeding the amp with midbass it can't make the speakers play it. Before I ran this unit I used a EQ/crossover to feed the amps. Thats my look into it I have many trophies to back up the statement.

@ sets of CDT HD6.5's upstage tweeters, polk 2way monitors, Arc audio 300.2, 2 Arc audio 12" flatline subs, 2 Arc audio 1000.1. Quality is always the way to go...

its not the equiptment (amps or HU) seeing as im running the same hu to my es-07s as my hv-200s and both of them are on PPI A600s...

I will agree that cdts can have midbass. you set ur crossover low and be easy with it ya you can get urself some BUT they just sound better with a higher crossover. My es-07s can handle a 50hz crossover. ive done it before. but they dont sound as crisp and clean like im used to. In comparison the hertz speakers just have midbass like no other. check out the level meter of the power 1000 im using. the "rear" midbasses are getting some power and jumping out of the door pod... I like me some midbass

Archived