Bose car speakers

Not sure of the watts they can handle but they are like 16ohms or something crazy like that. I would replace them!

Buy

Other

Sound

Equipment

Alpine CDA-9847 HU

F Highs 2x Infinity Kappa 60.9CS Powered by Eclipse EA4200 Glass door panels

R Highs Infinity Ref. 9622i powered by HU

3x RF Punch HX2 RFD2210 Powered by MTX Thunder 81000D

Box Vol. 3.259 before displacement, Tuned 36.6, Port area 54"

CIMG0921.JPG

(pic courtesy of UnderLok)

I wouldn't do it. The bose amp in the Trailblazer is a 6 channel amp and handles the crossover points. The tweets/front door speakers and the rear speakers are different ohm loads.

Most trailblazer owners ditch the bose system altogether.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

My stock bose speakers were like 2.1ohms in my yukon. Just get some different speakers and call it a day, dont waste your time. If your looking for some budget speakers, i had ran some orion cobalt comps. and coaxials in my yukon for 6months before getting the CDT's. They sounded pretty good for the money you pay for them. I sold them to a friend and he loves them.

2006 GMC Yukon
Pioneer HU

SHCA ran throughout

Crescendo BC3500

One 18 AA Mayhem in a 4th order

ZED Levithian 6 channel

Rainbow Dual 6.5 comps ran Active
matt142-1-1.jpg
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/155628-matt14s-yukon-mayhem-in-a-4th-ordernew-amps-and-bats/page-3

Thanks a lot. I have been struggling with these speakers for so d*** long. and i didnt really know to much about them. What kind of speakers would you guys recommend. I Dont really want to get component bc im not really wantin to cut into the A panels or anything in my TB. Now that i think about it if i did get comp would the tweeters fit in the spots on the dash (since those are tweeters i think)??

If component what would you recommend?

If coaxial what would you recommend?

the budget is not really an issue..just not lookin to spend hundreds hundreds n hundreds.

Thanks!

Chevy Trailblazer LT

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

Now that i think about it if i did get comp would the tweeters fit in the spots on the dash (since those are tweeters i think)??

tweets9.jpg

They are 2.5" speakers. A lot of us trailblazer/envoy guys fab up some plates like the one pictured to hold the tweets and have them bolt into the stock locations. It might seem like you wouldn't hear the drivers side that well (because of the way the dash is shaped), but believe me they sound very good.

As far as which brand to run, the best I can say is listen to what's out there and see what sounds best to you.

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

Thank you so much! This whole speaker thing has been gettin me all worked up for so long. I have (had till get them reconed) two 15s and all i needed is some loud, screamin door speakers and itll be set. ill be sure to get on that tweeter thing soon..appreciate it!

Chevy Trailblazer LT

Archived