What do i need to run 2000 watts RMS?

the fuck???

120 amp alt is completely pointless, thats $120-$150 that he could save for later if he wants to upgrade.

As long as the guy isnt ripping on it (like burping for an hour straight) the alt should have too much trouble keeping up. especially with a little extra battery storage

My thoughts EXACTLY.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Make sure you watch your voltage thats key. If you alt will comepletely handle everything you know wipers fuel pump charging the batts headlights EVERYTHING includingthe stereo you can bump all day long but if your amp cant keep up your relying on the batts to power the excess so you have to keep your eye on the voltage. And it has to be with a real meter like a stinger or something. Otherwise your going to be bumping on 10volts and we all know what happens then;)

• 3 years later...

Ok guys i have a (rockford t1000) 1000 watt RMS amp, and 2 rockford T1 10's 600 RMS watt's a peace. I have done the BIG 3, upgraded to a 250 amp alt, and a brand new 1000 cranking amp dura last gold battery. My question is why is everything still dimming on me? This is going down the road mind you, with the motor spinning around 3000 RPM. I'm prob going to do a dual battery setup with another dura last gold. I just don't understand why I'm still getting the dang dimming.

Ok guys i have a (rockford t1000) 1000 watt RMS amp, and 2 rockford T1 10's 600 RMS watt's a peace. I have done the BIG 3, upgraded to a 250 amp alt, and a brand new 1000 cranking amp dura last gold battery. My question is why is everything still dimming on me? This is going down the road mind you, with the motor spinning around 3000 RPM. I'm prob going to do a dual battery setup with another dura last gold. I just don't understand why I'm still getting the dang dimming.

make a new thread in the electrical section. this one is over three years old.

Archived