Sonic Electronix

Im looking at buying a 10" Alpine type R and an Alpine MRP 500, The sub will be in a ported box, not sure on size yet though. Im aiming for an SQL type system. I can get the sub and amp for around 250$ total, is there anything better I can get for same price about? Im on a tight budget and open for suggestions.

Edited by TommyK

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

if you're aiming for sql, you would want a sealed box wouldn't you?

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

a type R isnt really the first thing you'd think of when it comes to sound quality. i personally didnt really like the sound of my type R. i dont know why it was just something about it. but the first thing everyone on here says for a SQ woofer is the fi Q. soooo ill go with those choices.

https://ssl.perfora.net/www.ficaraudio.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=154c296ffc01c52/shopdata/0050_Speakers/0030_Q/product_overview.shopscript

x2 on kranny, type r's are not very good for sq...

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

i think the memphis m3s have amazing sq and even ported sound awesome i have one in my 95 firebird with an alpine 450 mono on it in a slot port box built to spec and it hits really hard as well as clean & responsive

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

if u want an sq sub u should go with jl they have some fo the best subs for sq... but they arent that cheap...

2005 Dodge Magnum

Kenwood DNX573S Double Din

NVX Big 3 Kit

NVX 0 Gauge Cable & speaker cable

XS Power V3100 Battery

Iraggi Alternator 320A

3.5" NVX Speakers

6.5" Incriminator Audio Components (just mids)

6x9" NVX Speaker

MVPA4 Amplifier

(2) 12" NVX VCW Subwoofers

XPLD3K NVX Amplifier

YouTube Channel

@CarlosTj664

dude memphis m3's sound like crap. you need more experience with woofers if you think m3's sound good. doesnt matter what box you put them in. only decent sounding memphis woofer is the flatline.

Memphis doesn't make a Flatline sub. I could be wrong but ARC audio made a "Flatline" sub. The older m3s were alright not the best but alright, and what's wrong with the mojo series not for SQ but but in general those aren't bad subs. For SQ you really cant go wrong with the FI Q. Your better off to save up and spend a little more money on a nice sub then to buy the cheapest sub you can find IMO. Good luck with what ever you buy. :drinks:

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

Ive been looking at the Q and it seems just what im looking for but the price is too expensive for me right now, im looking for sub AND amp to be around 250$. So the sub will have to be around the 100$ range. Ive heard Rockford fosgate has great SQ subs, but they cant take much of a beating, is this wrong?

Edited by TommyK

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX