Vapor Mania
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

28s on a Excursion

53 replies to this topic

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts
Im getting new rims for my truck before i go on vacation in august and was thinking about getting 28s i see 26s on tahoes lookin good but my truck is so much bigger than them so i was thinking 28s would look better. would they be too big on it?
Posted Image

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

vexproductions

vexproductions

145db

• SMD Gold Member

• 1,273 posts
That is a big truck I think they would look fine
Posted Image

BeatBox

BeatBox

(yಠ,ಠ)y

• 18+ All Access!
  • 7,611 posts
  • Interests:My GF, Car Audio, Woking on Suby and hanging out with friends
Garage View Garage
28"=big wheel small tire, i think 26s would have room for a bigger side wall. a 40 series on a 26s makes it look small. i put some on my friends avalanche, 40 series tire....looked like shit and took away the whole look of the wheel. he then got a 25 series tire.

id go with a 28s, i dont mind the smaller side wall. i think a 30 series in a 28 would be really close and 25 series should fit no problem.

WaTTz305

WaTTz305

130db

• Members
  • 453 posts
28's all day

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts

28"=big wheel small tire, i think 26s would have room for a bigger side wall. a 40 series on a 26s makes it look small. i put some on my friends avalanche, 40 series tire....looked like shit and took away the whole look of the wheel. he then got a 25 series tire.

id go with a 28s, i dont mind the smaller side wall. i think a 30 series in a 28 would be really close and 25 series should fit no problem.

I like the 25 series tire, ive always liked the rubberbands lol i was thinking 26 but every rim ive had on my truck looks smaller than they are. i get 24s thinking theyre gonna look good on my truck but after i got them on i think it doesnt look as good because i hate the gap in my wheel wells and theres alot still
Posted Image

EricR

EricR

TurnUp

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,357 posts
Personally I would go with 6's and a 35 series tire.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

BeatBox

BeatBox

(yಠ,ಠ)y

• 18+ All Access!
  • 7,611 posts
Garage View Garage
these 26s on the 07 avalanche look small actually :( def do the 8s on rubber bands :good:

superdave07

superdave07

145db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 1,019 posts
  • Interests:Anything on wheels, Cars, Bikes, bmx, R/C racing, Tattooing, art, boobies, xbox, fabrication, low riders, imports, fast cars, nothing JDM, and anytime i can bring my snorkel...=)
There is an excursion in town here on 28s. Im not sure of the tire size but it looks great. Not too big for it IMO. Just my 2 cents. If i can get a pic of it in the next couple days ill post it up :good:

2000 Audi A4 Quattro

05 GMC Envoy

95 Civic coupe

Building building building...

http://www.facebook....!/SQMotorsports

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts

these 26s on the 07 avalanche look small actually :( def do the 8s on rubber bands :good:

28s on the bands it is! :drinks:

Found a picture of one on 28s but the tires are too big and i dont like how high its lifted
Posted Image[/img]

Edited by David711, 10 July 2010 - 04:26 PM.

Posted Image

BeatBox

BeatBox

(yಠ,ಠ)y

• 18+ All Access!
  • 7,611 posts
Garage View Garage
:skeet: lol that actually looks pretty good, but im sure u dont want to lift it and do all that extra shit :shrug: those look perfect....il try to get that pic of avalanche they look way better in person, he says that everyone asks him if they are 24s :angry: for $4500 id be pissed to if they called my wheels small hahaha

26in greed celebrity's on pirelli tires
Posted Image

Edited by BeatBox, 10 July 2010 - 04:30 PM.

EricR

EricR

TurnUp

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,357 posts

28s on the bands it is! :drinks:

Found a picture of one on 28s but the tires are too big and i dont like how high its lifted
Posted Image[/img]

Yeah that looks retarded. As long as you don't have to raise it any 28's will look good.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

EricR

EricR

TurnUp

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,357 posts

:skeet: lol that actually looks pretty good, but im sure u dont want to lift it and do all that extra shit :shrug: those look perfect....il try to get that pic of avalanche they look way better in person, he says that everyone asks him if they are 24s :angry: for $4500 id be pissed to if they called my wheels small hahaha

Posted Image

Drop that 3/4 and it will be perfect.

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts

There is an excursion in town here on 28s. Im not sure of the tire size but it looks great. Not too big for it IMO. Just my 2 cents. If i can get a pic of it in the next couple days ill post it up :good:

That would really help ive only found that 1 picture of 28s on a excursion the rest are 26s and i think they look small still when on that kind of truck
Posted Image

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts

Posted Image

I get asked the same thing. when i had 20s i got asked if they were 18s and ive told people that i have 24s and they still dont believe me till they look at the tire i dont want to spend all this money on 6s and people think i have 24s because of how big my truck is
Posted Image

mhart

mhart

145db

• Members
  • 1,053 posts
  • Interests:DC
from that pic it doesnt look like 28"s will fit with it normal height.

'00 Honda Civic Si IASCA stock trunk/pickup 1 World Record 4/20 150.6/150.7dB
Team DC    Team XS Power

Team ISB

Steve's Body Shop
http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts

from that pic it doesnt look like 28"s will fit with it normal height.

Yea its gonna be a tight fit but im willing to cut some shit up to make it work :popcorn:
Posted Image

tristan560

tristan560

150db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 1,591 posts
Beatbox is the guy to talk to listen to on here...
<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u> Systemless. <u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u> DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

BeatBox

BeatBox

(yಠ,ಠ)y

• 18+ All Access!
  • 7,611 posts
Garage View Garage

Beatbox is the guy to talk to listen to on here...

It helps working at Discount Tire :pardon:

David711

David711

135db

• Members

• 696 posts

It helps working at Discount Tire :pardon:

yea i trust what your opinions on rims are. you seem to have the same taste in wheels as me because if i would of got rims for my old jimmy i would of did the same that you have.
Posted Image

BeatBox

BeatBox

(yಠ,ಠ)y

• 18+ All Access!
  • 7,611 posts
Garage View Garage
Thanks :drinks: u ever find center caps for those wheels in your avatar?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users