Second Skin Audio

Let's Welcome the NEW Owners of Second Skin!

Obviously Ant has already posted that he sold Second Skin to Ken and Sue Kanefield. I met Ken a few weeks ago. He is full of energy and has his hands full running the business. His phone NEVER stopped ringing the entire time we met - over an hour! Either he or his son Max will be administrating the SS forum here - give them a little time as they are relocating the business to Tucson, AZ currently and are somewhat overwhelmed.

In the meantime, take a moment and introduce yourself to the Kanefields and tell them why you choose to run Second Skin. Let's give them a BIG welcome here at SMD!

So . . . who has input for Ken & Sue on system design for their vehicles? Sue has a 2004 Honda Odyssey. She wants to keep things simple, preserve all cargo space, and improve the sound of the factory audio system. Ken has a 2009 Lexus RX-350 and he intends to do the same AND he wants to retain the factory source unit. Tell them what you'd install. What Second Skin products would you use in the installations?

WELCOME TO SMD!

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the sales continue.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES, TEAM DC AUDIO

2010 California State Finals Champion MECA AS2

2011 California State Champion Meca S2

2011 California State Record holder Meca S2

2012 Meca Mod 4 class 152.5 and rising

well this isnt useful for those setups but i would put 2 monster 18"s in an suv, load it down with a ton of damplifier pro until it didnt flex anymore. that would be my show car for a sound deadening company lol.

Welcome Kanefields! i chose second skin for the unique spectrum sludge and Ant got me hooked by doing his give-a-ways. i won a door pack and put it to great use. now whenever i need damplifier i order SS.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

So . . . who has input for Ken & Sue on system design for their vehicles? Sue has a 2004 Honda Odyssey. She wants to keep things simple, preserve all cargo space, and improve the sound of the factory audio system. Ken has a 2009 Lexus RX-350 and he intends to do the same AND he wants to retain the factory source unit. Tell them what you'd install. What Second Skin products would you use in the installations?

WELCOME TO SMD!

the bold italics is for the vehicle highlighted in bold italics. bold is for vehicles in bold letters.

i would do a single 8 glassed into the rear. behind 3rd row seat under the floor with a grill over the woofer. like where the jack and stuff is. maybe relocate the jack?

the RX-250 has a decent ammount of room but i would do the same, with a grill over the woofer, so you could still throw stuff into the cargo area.

Edited by dwright27

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

for the honda deck of choice (with highpass) and hertz energy speakers all the way around possible amp like a p400-4 if it can be fit somewhere. shop pack of damp pro around the whole vehicle with plenty behind the speakers as well as speaker tweekers. LLP on the floor if the current noise floor is sorta crazy but that would be optional

for ken it depends on how crazy he wants to get, that lexus probably wouldn't be too fun as far as replacing the speakers BUT its not improbable. If its just bass id say DD 3500 12 and T1000-1bdcp. if everything then add a 360.2 T600-4, hertz hi energy 165XL and alot of fun. shop pak + bulk pack of damp pro, rattle pad or overkill on the rear hatch, optional speaker tweakers

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Welcome Ken and Sue!

Keeping both cars simple and clean can often times be the most complex.

Some of the SS products I have been most impressed with is the Damp pro, LLP and Overkill pro. I would start with the flat surfaces of the car with the Damp pro and then hit the entire floor with some LLP. I see serious improvements in dampening when I I use these two together. I then like to get a barrier of overkill between the doors and door panels. Both are newer cars and I don't see door seals being worn out, but if there is wind noise, I like to add a little vinyl tubing in the voids around the door seals for a tighter seal.

There is a ton of gear you can choose from that will more then get the job done. For starters, it's important to get a feel of both of theirs listening habits as well as styles. This can help point you in the right direction as far as system now, as well as possible upgrades (if any) later.

Decks these days are purchased based on how well a consumers ease of use is. Some like different features to be quick and simple while others like full control of everything at once.

Speakers are somewhere that needs the most time IMO, What may sound good to me, may not fit the needs of my customers. Understanding their needs, wants, and likes in music helps direct me into picking out something that will best meet their needs.

amps and subs in this case will be dependent of space. Small and out of the way are key, so picking such gear will be based of that 1st and then we can tweak or compromise to fit the needs.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

In the meantime, take a moment and introduce yourself to the Kanefields and tell them why you choose to run Second Skin. Let's give them a BIG welcome here at SMD!

Welcome...my Second Skin experience started when I had to install a deadening product on my roof (for sanity's sake). I had read a ton of horror stories about failures when using poor quality products on the roof, and that wasn't something that I wanted to go through since pulling my headliner out is a real PITA. After reading a lot of reviews on a couple of forums I went with Damplifier. The results were impressive, it killed the roof noise and helped my TL score as well. Good stuff!

Fast forward 6 months, the liftgate, floors, and pillars are now deadened with Damplifier and the doors are done with Damplifier Pro. This thing rides like a buick now, very quiet with 99% of road noise gone. If I ever have to pull out the dash/hvac box I'll be hitting up the firewall for sure.

Also, the roof is still holding up well after cooking outside in the sun almost every day for 8 months 8)

GuEMAcB_zps08015839.png

they should do a huge sale as a jump on business :P

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

do we still get our team discounts?

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------