Sonic Electronix

just wondering if a circuit breaker such as

http://cgi.ebay.ca/250A-250-Amp-Manual-Reset-Circuit-Breaker-XScorpion-12v-/290447795958?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43a009a6f6

would work as well as a 250 amp fuse? would there be more resistance or would it work fine.

i'd rather flip a switch if i pop a fuse, than going threw the motions of switching fuses. thanks for the help.

reaper.png

I'd go with fuse and buy a lot of extras, put your fuse where it's easily accessible... I have no idea if it's good or bad, but I've not seen anyone use a circuit breaker on this thread, but I have at a car show.

| S-10 | 4.5^3 ft | 33Hz | SAE-1000D @ 1 Ohm | 2 SA-12s |

SPL: 143.7 Sealed | 153.4 Port Wars

The problem with circuit breakers is that they wear out over time, and the connection gets worse. They also take more time to blow (or "open") than a regular fuse/ The point is that fuses shouldnt be blowing anyways unless you are doing something wrong, so if you are doing things right you shouldnt have to worry about changing them anyways.

My vote goes to the fuse B)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

thanks guy's i'll just go with fuses. i know i shouldn't pop fuses but it happens sometimes. connection get's loose or w/e. but fuses it is thanks again guy's.

thanks for the info on breakers fink

Edited by Reaper
reaper.png

The problem with circuit breakers is that they wear out over time, and the connection gets worse. They also take more time to blow (or "open") than a regular fuse/ The point is that fuses shouldnt be blowing anyways unless you are doing something wrong, so if you are doing things right you shouldnt have to worry about changing them anyways.

^^ This... I have never blown a fuse ever... I have extras but they just sit around lol...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Couldn't of said it better :good:

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Fuses all the way... Breakers are only good for their rating for a few times, then they start becoming weaker and weaker with each trip

1999 Chevy S102 Sundown Zv3-10's1 Sundown saz-4500d2 sets of Sundown CS6.5 Comps. (Doors)

2 10" Sundown NeoPro 10's (Doors)1/0 KnuKonceptz - Power x2- Ground- Big 3

300 Amp External Regulated Excessive Amperage Alt

147.8 Sealed Mic on Windshiled148 30sec. Average Drivers Door open Mic on Windshield

Check Out my YouTube Channel --->>> http://www.youtube.com/user/dmntyo2007?feature=guidehttp://www.stevemead...ld-competition/

breakers also cause fires some times

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0