Sundown Audio

Is the zx750.1 1-Ohm Stable?

MurphyGTP

I have a L5 15", 2 ohms per coil. got it wired to 1 ohm now and it seems to work fine. Just wondering if this amp is fine @ 1Ohm in reality. I know on paper it's recommended 2 ohm or higher, but this amp seems durable. Thanks.

I never use the bass boost, and gain stays at 8/11 or lower

Memphis PR 12's

Kicker zx750.1

Memphis PR 6x9's

Pioneer 5.25's

Planet Audio 3004

Kenwood KDC345

Nope, its rated at 2

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

As long as you have a good electrical and wiring for it there shouldn't be anything wrong. You know how most amps are 4 ohm stable off two channels bridged, well I had a 2 channel Kicker amp at 2 ohms bridged fine for about 2 years and it always kept up fine. That's 1 ohm per channel!

Also I've seen people with those zx amps at 1 ohm before no problems.

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

As long as you have a good electrical and wiring for it there shouldn't be anything wrong. You know how most amps are 4 ohm stable off two channels bridged, well I had a 2 channel Kicker amp at 2 ohms bridged fine for about 2 years and it always kept up fine. That's 1 ohm per channel!

Also I've seen people with those zx amps at 1 ohm before no problems.

if an amp is not 1ohm stable why the fuck would you put it at 1ohm, Only kicker amps I know to be 1ohm stable are KX and new ones that say 1OHM STABLE nuff said dont say with right electrical then he fries it and needs a new amp

if an amp is not 1ohm stable why the fuck would you put it at 1ohm, Only kicker amps I know to be 1ohm stable are KX and new ones that say 1OHM STABLE nuff said dont say with right electrical then he fries it and needs a new amp

Alright then my bad, since I'd had experience with that I thought I'd mention it. And my amp is a KX, guess I got lucky on that one huh.

OP, then disregard my previous post...

EDIT: Also Tee, he has it at 1 ohm right now and he says it's fine

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Thanks for the responses. I'm put in a situation where either i can hit hard, @ the non-recommended 1 ohm, or go to 4 ohm, and not hit very hard at all. I can't afford a new amp right now, best thing i can do i suppose is to keep the gain down bass boost off until i either get another L5 or get a new amp.

Just curious: how big of a sound difference would 1 ohm be compared to 4 ohms?

Memphis PR 12's

Kicker zx750.1

Memphis PR 6x9's

Pioneer 5.25's

Planet Audio 3004

Kenwood KDC345

I ran my old ZX750.1 at 1.1 ohms hard enough to pop all 3 25 amp fuses almost daily. Put in 3 30 amp fuses and it worked fine, still works great.

I only used it there for about 2-3 months though.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

omg slay him teejay, he's done a no no!

seriously though, watch your voltage, don't let it drop below 12, keep the signal clean coming in and going out, and run that sucker at 1 ohm every day from here on out.

Archived