chapo123's sundown build log!!

alright, after messing around with my 12 fi btl for about a year. it was time for something new.. ive heard nothing but good tings about sundown. i bought some sa12s. and a saz1500d. before the sundown stuff i had stock elc.. 0 gauge. and a autotek 1900 with the btl in a 2.5cube box. then i was hoping to get louder so i did the big 3 and added a xs 3400 in back. HUGE IMPROVEMENT. no more light dimming or anything. got used to it after a while. heres pics of that setup.

Photo0132-1.jpg

Photo0131-1.jpg

IMG_0797.jpg

IMG_0796.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

but i only have the subs right now. i ordered everything else and SHOULD be here today!!

heres going to be the setup..

02 sebring 4 door with trunk,

2 sa12s

saz1500

big 3 with xs 3400 in back

kenwood 25th anniversery deck (had stock before when i was running btl)

jl zr tweeters

ported box tuned to 33hz 1.75 per sub

my goal is to break 140. thats it. oh yeah im getting tl'd and oscoped too.

moar pics anyone?

Photo0164.jpg

Photo0165.jpg

Photo0166.jpg

the ghetto car sitting on 17s, were cheap. better then stocks. plan to get 20s

Photo0235.jpg

and tracking numbers

Photo0244.jpg

Photo0245.jpg

Photo0246.jpg

super excited. heres a quick walk around vid.

will make unboxing vid of everything when it gets here.

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

need them windows tinted :ninja:

next thing u you the stuff will be at your door step!

they are tinted. just like 35% all around. came like that.. pointless imo. i want to do 5 or 15% tint. havent decided yet. 5 looks sick but i like being able to see at night. im planning on doing 8k hids next!

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

in the bumper lol its a pain in the ass. in front of the rim. to even look at it you have to remove the rim. oh and BTW to everyone. my run from front battery to back is stinger hpm 0 gauge. and rest is all knu pearl white 0 gauge.

1j1450.png

they are tinted. just like 35% all around. came like that.. pointless imo. i want to do 5 or 15% tint. havent decided yet. 5 looks sick but i like being able to see at night. im planning on doing 8k hids next!

i can't even see with 35% at night, but yeah 5 - 15% will look sick! and you'll love those 8k hids, got some on mine and LOVE IT!

Oh, and almost forgot, love those SA's. I'm sure you'll break 140 easy with that setup. Don't your BTL already break that?

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db

Powered by: Sundown Audio

i can't even see with 35% at night, but yeah 5 - 15% will look sick! and you'll love those 8k hids, got some on mine and LOVE IT!

Oh, and almost forgot, love those SA's. I'm sure you'll break 140 easy with that setup. Don't your BTL already break that?

no :( did a 137 on music. which isnt a bad score considering i was underpowing it ALOT! so i was going to get a audiopipe 3k. but i started thinking. im already dropping into low 13s off of 1.5k.. i figured i was goin to be louder with more cone area and cheaper subs that i can actually push to their limits w/o killing my car.. btw this is how much the btl was moving. look how underpowred it was.. i sold it locally 260 with box. gave the kid a good deal. it was fully loaded too.

and heres a free air vid of the sa12s

1j1450.png

biggest FAIL EVER!! the tracking number for my amp said 23rd.. i didnt go to work today so i could be here to get it.. i just check tracking number again.. to be delivered on the 25th.. NOOO i cant take another day off lol if it gets here while im not home and i have to go get it.. FTL, still no update on the tweeters or hu. both still say 23rd.. hopefully i get something out of missing work today! :rofl::pardon:

1j1450.png

NOTHING came in today. FOR THE LOSE. but something shitty happened today.. and thank god i have my volt meter coming off my back battery.. it has saved my ass so many times.. i was driving and vroom volts drop down to 12.5 WTF? i look in back.. and the ground just came off the batt terminal.. i was like FUCK and cover it up really qu ick. and i went ahead and got new terminals since i suck at crimping that you tighten down.. i redid all my connects. and mvoed the battery to behind the rear tire and bolted that shit down with L brackets. pics coming soon. looks way cleaner and now i can fit a HUGE box in since it isnt sitting in the middle of the trunk.. and when i put the box in itll support the battery. ill mount the amp on top of the box. its a perfect fit. another time the volt meter saved my ass was when i was driving and vroom volts drop down to 8 lol i look adn POSITIVE and neg fall out.. fuck crimping to me lol i pulled the fuck over and taped those mugs up ha but everything should be here monday!!

1j1450.png

I think with the right box you should easily achieve over a 140, look at Rogers build he did a 145+ with 2 sa 12's on a Sundown SAE 1200d

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Archived