ok here is my 1999 ford taurus i inherited from my wife !

image9.jpg

I decided it was time to do my first serious build, so i started out with a prefab box and some entry level subs !

HPIM0877.JPG

Also purchased 600 watt JVC amp to push the Xplod, believe it or not this sub rocks preatty hard in my trunk ! In fact i liked it so much i decided that . . . .

image15.jpg

At this point im getting some decent BUMP in my Trunk ! So the next step was to go with a better amp so i got this !

asa6002.jpgPowerbass 1200 watt ASA 600.2 !

Oh and almost forgot to mention the main theme of the build is the budget ! I never spend more than 65 dollars every paycheck ! Got this amp on ebay ! and same on subs and JVC amp all got on sale for less than 65 bucks !

Okay now that i had some decent power and was having so much fun that i decided to build my own custom ported box ! Here are the build pics !!

IMAG0028.jpgIMAG0030.jpg

IMAG0032.jpgIMAG0034.jpg

095IMAG0037.jpg095IMAG0041.jpg

The box was covered with fleckstone spray paint then covered with flat black . These ports are PVC with modified toilet flanges so they can be screwed in and easily removed if i needed to re-tune ! Box is tuned to 35hz right now !

095IMAG0039.jpg

Now here is the finished product in the car !! 095IMAG0044.jpg

Everyone that helped said that if i liked my subs in the prefab boxes , i would be blown away by a custom built ported one, and i was ! WOW !

Now that i had some serious BUMP i needed to start deadening this trunk !

095IMAG0123.jpg

Dont care what anyone tells you about Peel & Seal, because i love it and havent had any problems ! Works very well as long as you prep and apply with a heat gun , it will stick very good with this prep and the heat !

095IMAG0129.jpg095IMAG0128.jpg

It is very similar to Audiowrap ! All though i will say that Audiowrap is a good product and is a little more flexible than P&S ! 095IMAG0131.jpg

rwhops.jpg

Now i was in the search for a good HU with at least 4v preouts and in my 65 dollar budget, this is what i found !

jvc-kd-g820.487647.jpg

The stereo arrives ! 095IMAG0136.jpg095IMAG0137.jpg

Had to buy the dreaded taurus install kit ! But got a good deal on Ebay for 45 including shipping ! fd134030b.jpg

INSTALLED ! !! !! ! ! 095IMAG0139.jpg095IMAG0140.jpg

Well thats up to date now, looking for component set for my front stage this weekend to hopefully get ordered to install next weekend ! Will keep updated with pics and feel free to comment !

rwhops.jpg

looks way better then the LAST TAURUS NOOB that was posting his build log here :)

in all seriousness looks real good man, the black out tail lights are also settin it off!

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

looks way better then the LAST TAURUS NOOB that was posting his build log here :)

in all seriousness looks real good man, the black out tail lights are also settin it off!

THANX !!! Installing mids and highs this week with JVC 600 watt amp and then come end of the year . . . . . . HIGH END SUBS !!!!!!!!!!

rwhops.jpg

Wow, looks great for a super budget build. Keep it up!!

Black 2008.5 Mazda 3s Touring 5 Speed Hatchback

Tinted tails/turn indicators, blacked out emblems, partially debadged, 20% tint all around,

Big 3 in Knu KLMX 1/0, LED footwells/interior lights

DECK: Kenwood DDX-512 double DIN touchscreen with backup camera

FRONT STAGE: Stock for now, yippy (Looking for something nice...)

FRONT STAGE AMP: Looking for something nice...

SUB: 15 inch DC level 4 with level 5 coil upgrade, red dustcap

SUB AMP: Audiopipe AP15001D at 1 ohm

WIRING: All Knukoncepts Kolossus/KCA wire

LEGAL TERMLAB SCORE: 135.8db at 42hz(pathetic, I know. I need a battery in the back,

dropping to 11.9v isnt cutting it.....)

I haz teh Term-Lab. PM me if you are close and want to get metered.

Archived