Sundown Audio
Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help wiring 4 channel for 2 subs.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
I have a pioneer 4-channel amp. It has a 2-4 channel switchable. The subs are in a box wired individually. I have my rca's running from the sub preout of my alpine deck to the amp...where do I plug them in? Channel A or B? The speaker wires are already wired in bridge mode according to the diagram on the amp. I have tried all different combos for the RCA's and my 6x9's are louder than these subs. Any help would be appreciated.

Here is the amp I have.
http://reviews.cnet.....-30233358.html

I read that the amp is capable of 1 ohm. Now can you wire the subs into 2 ohm and bridge both channels of the amp (two individual speakers wires)?

Carroot1

Carroot1

145db

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
Im a smart ass and wont be a D**K again

^^ Lol

Edited by Carroot1, 24 December 2010 - 11:37 AM.

Posted Image

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
I have been using google all day, lol. They are SVC 4 ohm.
The amp is a Pioneer GMX-334.
The subs are Pioneer W1201's.
Thanks for the help.

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
Hmmm, and the link worked for me, try this one.

http://www.shopping....er-GM-X334/info

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,938 posts
4 channels and 2 subwoofers are pointless if you want to use all 4 channels. yes you can wire it to only 2 channels but you cannot run 2 4 ohm speakers in parallel, bridged to the amp. if you do not have access to a digital multimeter then you cant really even do anything correctly with your set up. and a quick search reveals a man who states that the amp cant sustain a 2 ohm mono load, which is a "1 ohm" load that you're stating most likely.

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

Corolla (Deceased) Outlaw: 141.9 at 45hz

99 Monte Carlo Z34: Stock everything.

2014 Focus ST: Stock 10 speaker Sony system. meh

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

Carroot1

Carroot1

145db

• Members
  • 1,230 posts

Thanks for the help.

i just had to try that picture out hahah. you should sell that amp and buy a monoblock i have no experience with 4 channels sorry
Posted Image

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
The guy I got the system from says he had it bridged and sounded pretty good. I just can't get it to sound any louder than my 6x9s. So let's say I have it switched to 2 channel, have the subs bridged (amp has diagram for the speaker wires for bridged) Where do I plug the RCA's into? Channel A or B? Or something different?

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts

Thanks for the help.

i just had to try that picture out hahah. you should sell that amp and buy a monoblock i have no experience with 4 channels sorry

The amp is just temporary it came with the subs and that's what the guy was using to power them. If I can get the subs to sound good, I will be purchasing the correct amp for this setup and use the 4 channel for the door speakers. I just wanted to make sure I am wiring it correctly.

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,938 posts

The guy I got the system from says he had it bridged and sounded pretty good. I just can't get it to sound any louder than my 6x9s. So let's say I have it switched to 2 channel, have the subs bridged (amp has diagram for the speaker wires for bridged) Where do I plug the RCA's into? Channel A or B? Or something different?

honestly dude, in my honest opinion, 4 channels are strictly for mids and highs speakers. i dont know why people are using them for subwoofers since they can only work under very strict guidelines. keep that amp and use it for your door speakers or something and pick up a cheap audiopipe monoblock or something.

Lol overpriced amp huh. Shows how much you know. I know folks. Dont be mad you run a piece of shit amp. You and all the other dont know bbetters can say man itd awesome its awesome and I got it for 125 bucks. Ive spent more on glue.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

Carroot1

Carroot1

145db

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
found these a bout a minute give em a try
Posted Image
other one
Posted Image
also maybe that amp just cant power those big of subs... it looks like a cheap amp but i could be wrong.

Edited by Carroot1, 24 December 2010 - 11:41 AM.

Posted Image

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
The first wiring diagram is how it is wired now. Now how should the RCA's be?

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,938 posts

found these a bout a minute give em a try
Posted Image
other one
Posted Image

1st one will ONLY work correctly if he has a digital multi meter
2nd one wont work...since its a 4 channel

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
I have a digital multi meter, what should I do? It won't be til tomorrow though, gets dark in England early.

Kranny

Kranny

The Kranny rule

• Members
  • 18,938 posts

I have a digital multi meter, what should I do? It won't be til tomorrow though, gets dark in England early.

go in the amplifiers section, find a Sticky (a post thats at the top) regarding tuning gains, follow instructions. you want the 2 voltage numbers you test (you'll find out what i mean) to be AS CLOSE as humanly possibly.

141 ON MUSICCCCCCCCCCCCC

Carroot1

Carroot1

145db

• Members
  • 1,230 posts
kranny saves the day, again.
Posted Image

drunken monster

drunken monster

120db

• Members
  • 24 posts
I will tune it tomorrow, also where do I get the CD listed on the JL site?
Back to the RCA's. How should they be configured.