new product - "Distortion Detector"..NEW PICS page 22 Video Update page 26

most of the forum doesnt have a damn multimeter let alone a scope.....

So sad but so true. I don't have a scope. I hate to sound like a noob but it's a huge investment to get an O-scope just for the several installs I do for friends. My DMM works well enough and I'll always stay on the safe side setting gains. A unit like this is perfect for my needs and won't break the bank. And that's probably how most of the rest of the forum feels, which is why this is so anticipated.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont understand the problem either. if your not going to use this. why even take the time to try and bash it. its a budget tool that does what most people need it to do. if its not what you want then go on ahead and use your 300 dollar oscope. stop trying keep others from buying something when it actually works and does a great job at it.

i dont know steve, or the others who designed this tool. but im most certainly positive they wouldnt try to sell a piece of equipment if it wasnt going to be useful.

not trying to sound like an ass. but if you dont plan on using it, keep your negative comments to yourself. especially if their tiny issues that your just using to bash the equipment.

it does mostly every function of an oscope for half the cost. for those who have just daily drivers and are not in competition environments. im not going to spend my hard earned cash for an oscope with 400 functions when ill only use a couple of them

i was sorta thinking the same thing. I mean if you previously set your gains with an o-scope and you arent having any problems, then SWEET :yahoo: - i did the same thing on my system, obviously. It doesnt sound like you need the product, so dont buy it. I will let the reviews speak for themselves. FYI: In many ways, for what we do, this thing is BETTER then a scope.

guys, i think Ray is taking pre-orders and in a few days my webstore will be up and running. The first batch is 4-6 weeks out but once we get it, it should be smooth sailing and people who order from us, while we have it in stock, wont have to wait long at all. Its just that damn first batch that takes the longest. :pardon:

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

i dont understand the problem either. if your not going to use this. why even take the time to try and bash it. its a budget tool that does what most people need it to do. if its not what you want then go on ahead and use your 300 dollar oscope. stop trying keep others from buying something when it actually works and does a great job at it.

i dont know steve, or the others who designed this tool. but im most certainly positive they wouldnt try to sell a piece of equipment if it wasnt going to be useful.

not trying to sound like an ass. but if you dont plan on using it, keep your negative comments to yourself. especially if their tiny issues that your just using to bash the equipment.

it does mostly every function of an oscope for half the cost. for those who have just daily drivers and are not in competition environments. im not going to spend my hard earned cash for an oscope with 400 functions when ill only use a couple of them

i was sorta thinking the same thing. I mean if you previously set your gains with an o-scope and you arent having any problems, then SWEET :yahoo: - i did the same thing on my system, obviously. It doesnt sound like you need the product, so dont buy it. I will let the reviews speak for themselves. FYI: In many ways, for what we do, this thing is BETTER then a scope.

guys, i think Ray is taking pre-orders and in a few days my webstore will be up and running. The first batch is 4-6 weeks out but once we get it, it should be smooth sailing and people who order from us, while we have it in stock, wont have to wait long at all. Its just that damn first batch that takes the longest. :pardon:

Hey steve i was thinking about getting one of these, but my aq 2200d (soon wanta 3500.1d) has a clip indication light on the gain knob.. so i wouldnt really need this product? but i might still get one, also 1 quick question, are you still selling smd flex fit hats? Liv neked hasnt had products in a long time..

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

Hey steve i was thinking about getting one of these, but my aq 2200d (soon wanta 3500.1d) has a clip indication light on the gain knob.. so i wouldnt really need this product? but i might still get one, also 1 quick question, are you still selling smd flex fit hats? Liv neked hasnt had products in a long time..

clip lights are never really accurate ....

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Hell I have a TPI-440 I set everything with, but will still pick one of these up when they're readily available just because it's useful to have. The way I see it I have several tools that fulfill similar purposes, this is just another one of those tools 8)

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Hell I have a TPI-440 I set everything with, but will still pick one of these up when they're readily available just because it's useful to have. The way I see it I have several tools that fulfill similar purposes, this is just another one of those tools 8)

exactly and its nice to always cross check things. especially when you are running tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

OK... Sooooo... I got my meter in, unboxed it and went to work testing this thing... I made a quick vid but realized that Steve's address and phone # where on the box so I will make a new vid without that info hopefully today.

Regardless... I put it to work in a few cars.

First up, I read the owners manual (I suggest this as it does clear up a few questions I have heard on this forum)

Next I followed the instructions, found the output of her radio, then RE-TUNED her amplifier. I MUST say... the SMD DD1 performed very nicely. Her truck sounds amazing right now. I wanted to see what results if any would be reflected on the termlab so I popped it in the s10 for some comparisons (did some spl testing before retuning with the SMD DD1) The results surprised me. Her truck picked up .5dB!!! .5!!! Let me explain what that means... though you or I cannot HEAR the difference in .5dB... at the last show she would have gotten first place with that extra .5dB (she actually only lost by .2dB).

Next up... Mike's Avalanche... spl testing done before setting up with the SMD DD1.

Then max output of the radio along with a RETUNE of the amplifiers (mids/highs and sub amp) and gave it a quick listen then tested for spl... .6dB difference!!!!!! Not to mention his mids/highs are extremely loud at this point and sound absolutely amazing!

Then I retuned my soundboard making it sing even sweeter now...

I also retuned a couple of other simple setups and saw a few gains in spl (.3dB, .2dB, .3dB) but the biggest thing is how fast and easy it is to tune with the SMD DD1.

Great product and I hope to get a few vids up with some testing... we will be using the SMD DD1 to RETUNE the Boswell's DDBEAST, can't wait to see what happens... :)

Thanks again Steve.

Wow, that's impressive. Were these previously tuned with a scope?

one was. Mike's. The Oscope broke and I was going to order another 300.00 one, then Steve came out with this. I waited and it was more than worth the wait. MUCH MUCH easier to use. Seeing a light out of the corner of your eye when you are inside a car with a flashlight turning the gain knobs with sweat dripping off your eyebrow is so much simpler than trying to see a line on something you have to shine the flashlight on making you drop the screwdriver and have to dig around in french fries and chicken nuggets to pick it up... (a headache I'm sure some of you have done)... trust me this tool is much simpler. I applaud Steve, Tony and Juan for making this product and getting it in our hands.