SPL Gains!! Updates @page 30 (routing the port)

fecupe2001

what do you mean seats folded vertically? and did you try glove box open? and center console do you have a pic?

needs to try glove box open, play with sunvisors, play with seat position (forward /back / tilt), play with opening/closing air vents, play with headrests, move box around, try turning the box so the port loads into the back corner of the truck, invert the phase on the sub, round the back of the sub cutout, round all the external edges of the box, stiffen the port (fiberglass or wrap with duct tape), duct tape around sub, paint outside of box, move steering wheel, try closing off pole vent of sub, ... and i could go on and on, but i gotta let the guy atleast do a little thinking on his own....... there is atleast another 4 or 5 db in this thing.......

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you mean seats folded vertically? and did you try glove box open? and center console do you have a pic?

needs to try glove box open, play with sunvisors, play with seat position (forward /back / tilt), play with opening/closing air vents, play with headrests, move box around, try turning the box so the port loads into the back corner of the truck, invert the phase on the sub, round the back of the sub cutout, round all the external edges of the box, stiffen the port (fiberglass or wrap with duct tape), duct tape around sub, paint outside of box, move steering wheel, try closing off pole vent of sub, ... and i could go on and on, but i gotta let the guy atleast do a little thinking on his own....... there is atleast another 4 or 5 db in this thing.......

Glove: done

sunvisors: done

seats: done

air vents: done

headrest: My explorer don´t have them :)

box around: done

turning the box: done

invert the phase of the sub: WTF? really? tell me a little bit more about that man, i´ve never heard anything like that.

round the cutout and all external edges: that was one of the primery goals of not having glue on the box, but this things is leaking way too much and i honestly got bored already haha, i´m gonna build the new box and i´m gonna try that with a borrowed router, i´ll post the gains or losts of this on this same topic.

Stiffen the port: didn´t care that much because i started getting bored haha, i guess i could have gained some :)

Duct tape around the sub: i´ve tried that on the past and gained a little bit, i honestly forgot about trying that on this thing :peepwall:

Paint outside the box: Well, i forgot to mention, i tried printing vinyl on the outside and lost 0.2 dbs, how much have you gained with paint on the outside of the box hugh? would like to get an input on this one!!

move steering wheel: haha really???? this topic is getting better and better, first time i hear that, but you mean is adjusting the height of it? or just moving it to the sides and see if it gains? this one is new for me!

closing pole vent of sub: what´s a sub vent? once again, my "english" is not the best!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

invert the phase of the sub: WTF? really? tell me a little bit more about that man, i´ve never heard anything like that.

instead of pos on amp to pos on sub, and neg on amp to neg on sub, try pos on amp to neg on sub, and neg on amp to pos on sub. ive had this gain .2-.3 in my car before.

round the cutout and all external edges: that was one of the primery goals of not having glue on the box, but this things is leaking way too much and i honestly got bored already haha, i´m gonna build the new box and i´m gonna try that with a borrowed router, i´ll post the gains or losts of this on this same topic.

Stiffen the port: didn´t care that much because i started getting bored haha, i guess i could have gained some :)

Duct tape around the sub: i´ve tried that on the past and gained a little bit, i honestly forgot about trying that on this thing :peepwall:

Paint outside the box: Well, i forgot to mention, i tried printing vinyl on the outside and lost 0.2 dbs, how much have you gained with paint on the outside of the box hugh? would like to get an input on this one!!

ive gained nearly half db before painting outside of enclosure

move steering wheel: haha really???? this topic is getting better and better, first time i hear that, but you mean is adjusting the height of it? or just moving it to the sides and see if it gains? this one is new for me!

up / down

closing pole vent of sub: what´s a sub vent? once again, my "english" is not the best!

the hole in the back of the magnet

responses in red above^

another tip, do all your testing with the termlab set to 4 1/2 digit.... :drink40:

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

This thread is amazinggggg!!

I think he means to cover the bottom hole on the sub magnet, i might be wrong tho

*edit*

Beat me to it

Hahah damn cody

She ain't that sexy. I wouldn't even let her blow me. Those 10 pounds of make up would end up all over my crotch.

you dont find dubstep, dubstep finds you

hu: Pioneer MVH - P8300BT

mids: Alpine sps-600 all four corners

highs: Addictive Audio ECST25A,Memphis PR tweeters back

sub: 15 inch crossfire bmf

box: 4 cubes at 38 hz

amp: Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 25 To Life

140.7 on a non sealed trunk car with a five channel so far (old sub audiobahn aw1505q)

Build Log

http://www.stevemead...ima-56k-beware/

Feedback

http://www.stevemead...s-bfd-feedback/

instead of pos on amp to pos on sub, and neg on amp to neg on sub, try pos on amp to neg on sub, and neg on amp to pos on sub. ive had this gain .2-.3 in my car before.

ive gained nearly half db before painting outside of enclosure

up / down

the hole in the back of the magnet

responses in red above^

another tip, do all your testing with the termlab set to 4 1/2 digit.... :drink40:

Great input hugh, i honestly had no idea i could gain by invert the phase of the sub, but this helps on a single sub setup or works for multiple sub setups? also, didn´t have a clue about covering the hole of the sub and better yet, the wheel height!!!

I think i´m gonna save this piece of crap box and keep testing it then, if you can give me other tips would be awesome man!!!

Also, i haven´t play much with my termlab, i bought it from a member a month ago, how do i set it to 4 1/2 digit? that should help me a lot :)

This thread is amazinggggg!!

I think he means to cover the bottom hole on the sub magnet, i might be wrong tho

*edit*

Beat me to it

ehehe thanks man, glad you like it, that´s the idea of this thing :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

This really isn't a big secret...

I'm glad you know all about this. I had no idea simple things could make or break you. I'm pretty sure other people didn't know about this either.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

wich one?

I have seen TONS of things on forums about SPL, but, i´ve never try them before with a before/after test because i didn´t have a termlab, i have scored a few good numbers on comps with burp machines before, but didn´t have the time and tools to test them myself, there tons of other things i´ve never heard i guess, if you can give some inputs would be great, i´ll be happy to try as many things guys post here as i can, but i need inputs to test them out :)

I'm glad you know all about this. I had no idea simple things could make or break you. I'm pretty sure other people didn't know about this either.

That´s the idea man, there are TONS of things i know and MUCH MORE that i don´t , this topic is a before/after testing with the termlab, but i need inputs from people to try new things and post results here!

i like this thread :)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz