Viper 5901 Blinking LED while I drive?

I just wanted to add this, its what I just found.

For people using viper 5901 and chall and a dodge ram like me:

Connect the heavy gauge remote start harness to the Viper. You will only use the Pink wire in this harness. On

the CHALL module, plug in the main harness and connect the YELLOW wire in this harness to the PINK wire on

the Viper harness. This is just used to tell the Viper that the ignition has been turn ON.

I DO NOT PLAN ON wiring my parking lights, instead. I want to get some other after market lights. Any suggestions? I am thinking of mounting several on the bottom of some sort. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I would wire the parking lights. All you have to do is use one of the auxiliary connections for the other lights, and link it to the remote start, so when you remote start it will activate aux 1 and turn whatever is on that too. Just my 2 cents. you do all that through programming. I have my headlights hooked to aux 4. Radio to aux 2, and some bluelights to aux 1. When I remote start it turns on the blue floor lights, disables my radio, and turns my headlights on (I am gonna disable that though, as its annoying, lol) I disable the radio because I have an audio glass break sensor, and if I forget to turn my radio off, it sets my alarm off. Plus I hate coming up to my van hearing it from 50 feet away and people looking at me like I am crazy, ha ha

I don't understand why my module connects to the parking lights for the unlock and lock, but not the alarm?

Connect the heavy gauge remote start harness to the Viper. You will only use the Pink wire in this harness. On

the CHALL module, plug in the main harness and connect the YELLOW wire in this harness to the PINK wire on

the Viper harness. This is just used to tell the Viper that the ignition has been turn ON.

I DO NOT PLAN ON wiring my parking lights, instead. I want to get some other after market lights. Any suggestions? I am thinking of mounting several on the bottom of some sort. Any suggestions are welcomed.

I would wire the parking lights. All you have to do is use one of the auxiliary connections for the other lights, and link it to the remote start, so when you remote start it will activate aux 1 and turn whatever is on that too. Just my 2 cents. you do all that through programming. I have my headlights hooked to aux 4. Radio to aux 2, and some bluelights to aux 1. When I remote start it turns on the blue floor lights, disables my radio, and turns my headlights on (I am gonna disable that though, as its annoying, lol) I disable the radio because I have an audio glass break sensor, and if I forget to turn my radio off, it sets my alarm off. Plus I hate coming up to my van hearing it from 50 feet away and people looking at me like I am crazy, ha ha

I have something more advanced then the parking lights thought of. On eBay they have emergency lights, I plan on getting some like these and wiring in with the parking light wire from the alarm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/12LED-Car-Truck-Boat-Led-Strobe-Lights-White-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem230d3a9c3aQQitemZ150545800250QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Anywho, i wired the all pink wire coming from the remote start harness to the yellow wire that comes off the chall module and it fixed the blinking led problem.

It stops blinking when I unlock and blinks when I lock it. Now... I need help wiring the remote start portion. Which wires from the alarm unit need to be wired to the chall or car itself.

Alarm: 5901

Module: CHALL with CHTH2

Car: 2006 Ram 1500

I have something more advanced then the parking lights thought of. On eBay they have emergency lights, I plan on getting some like these and wiring in with the parking light wire from the alarm:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...sQ5fAccessories

Anywho, i wired the all pink wire coming from the remote start harness to the yellow wire that comes off the chall module and it fixed the blinking led problem.

It stops blinking when I unlock and blinks when I lock it. Now... I need help wiring the remote start portion. Which wires from the alarm unit need to be wired to the chall or car itself.

IF you got a manual with your chall, THROW it away now. You need to go to there website and get the newest manual, then you just follow the directions, its really easy after that :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

IF you got a manual with your chall, THROW it away now. You need to go to there website and get the newest manual, then you just follow the directions, its really easy after that :P

Mind helping me out with the connections and wiring, I purchased a relay for this now.

Here is the diagram from the newest manual:

309tqqf.png

PS: I love your audio setup specs.

Mind helping me out with the connections and wiring, I purchased a relay for this now.

309tqqf.png

Thanks for the PS :P

btw, what is with all the blurred out part of the document, as that is just as important as the rest, unless you did that part already

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

309tqqf.png

Thanks for the PS :P

btw, what is with all the blurred out part of the document, as that is just as important as the rest, unless you did that part already

I should have added that note, all the blured portion is already done. But if you would like upon request I can get the whole doc. for you.

I am confused becauase I just don't understand diagrams and stuff. for instance the 85 while running wire -?

challt.png

There we go, is there anything on it that you need help understanding?

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

I hope this isnt your first remote start, as you picked a messy one to do for your first one if you did :(

Pioneer 4300DVD
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer

XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)

I hope this isnt your first remote start, as you picked a messy one to do for your first one if you did :(

Well where to start. I have all the wiring diagrams for my truck. We have the newest chall manual. And we know the wires on the viper alarm.

Vehicle diagram: http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/diagrams/printpage.asp?ModelID=19742&MakeID=16

I can do splicing and soldering...

Archived