Hello SMD forum!

Everything won't be installed til mid march due to temperatures around here, just too damned cold here in Pennsylvania!

Anyhow I will be teaming up with Matt Hart (mhart here on the forums) to assist me with the build when it comes time.

As of now I have an IA Warden 15" driver (w/ dual 1.4 ohm voice coils), Sundown SAZ-4500D amplifier, two XS D3100's, an XS D2400 for underneath the hood, and a Mechman 220 amp alternator.

Originally I wanted to use the Stinger flat 3/0 gauge wire, but unfortunately they discontinued it. So I am going to be purchasing 100' of the Stinger HPM 1/0 gauge wire. I will be doing three runs from the front battery to the back battery. I will also be using the Stinger HPM 8 gauge wire for the speaker wire.

It will be a trunk build and the enclosure will be designed by PWK, the design plans are currently being developed.

caraudiopics002.jpg

caraudiopics004.jpg

caraudiopics003.jpg

caraudiopics005.jpg

caraudiopics006.jpg

caraudiopics007.jpg

I am also on the market for a good mid system set up since the current one in the car is completely stock......I just don't want the new subwoofer system to drown out the mids. I have heard some stuff about the ascendant audio carbon series? My car has two 6.5's in the front and two 6x9's in the back. I know a good bit about what subs are out there, but absolutely nothing about mids and highs. If somebody has any ideas for me feel free to shoot me a PM or just reply on here if you want. A budget of $500 should do nicely.

Will take more pictures of the car and the trunk when it gets nicer out where I live!

2011 Ford Ranger Sport 4.0 v6

2 sundown audio prototype nsv4 15s

crossfire 4k wired to 0.4 ohm

15 banks of maxwell 3.0 caps @ 18v

triple alts (x2 us alt 250's, x1 singer 320)

153 at 23hz

ttt for some input and/or comments for an aspiring groundpounder!

153 at 23hz

im tuned in. interesting to see what that 4500 will do to that warden i forgot how strong IA is

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Good start.

Let's see some box pictures?

Box designs are currently being designed by Pete Kulicki of PWK designs, he is an acoustic engineer and is sure to come up with something that will bring out the best of the IA warden! Will definitely take pictures of the box once Matt and I start building it!

The build will be slow for now, but come time late February, early March, there will be lots of good stuff being posted on here! Just be patient with me :)

153 at 23hz

im tuned in. interesting to see what that 4500 will do to that warden i forgot how strong IA is

I am interested too, the Warden is a stout driver. The neodymium on the driver is a thing of beauty. When I was taking pictures of my current equipment the driver was about 6 feet away from my monitor and the screen was discolored from the magnetic field :)

153 at 23hz

I will post some pictures of my car very soon, right now my car is covered in snow :(

153 at 23hz

GR8 equipment so far there are many different ways to handle your mid n hi's are you looking to fiberglass your doors or keep it stock .

From what I have saw, fiberglassing can get very expensive (so can car audio), but I am just looking to keep the doors stock and upgrade to some high end stuff. I forgot to mention that there are also two tweeters, one on each top right corner of the door, located at the bottom of the a-pillar. Do you recommend me any equipment? Please keep the equipment on par with quality concurrent with what I have been buying.

153 at 23hz

Archived