All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Damnit! This thread got me like xi need that one, no that one. Wait look at that one" This doesn't help the rockford addiction at all. I need to quit skipping my Fosgate anonymous meetings.
  3. What the specs for the speaker. Post link
  4. Hey guys/gals, first post. Just as a quick hello to introduce myself... I am 40yrs old, live in NorCal, and have been installing my own car audio since I was 16. Every vehicle I have ever owned has remained with stock sound for only months before the bug bit me. I have been watching SMD on you tube for quite a while and I am SO HAPPY I finally found the community, so thank you! Anyway on to the meat of my question... I have a single 12" Infinity Kappa perfect 12.1 (the kind with the white aluminum cone) in my truck (powered by 500w RMS) that is quite old and the surround is starting to separate... so it's about time to replace it. I am thinking the DC lvl2 is a nice replacement, but my enclosure is sealed and around 1.25ft^3. In order to use the same enclosure that fits behind the seat perfectly, I am thinking a port would bring it do DC's specs (.75ft^3 sealed, 1.25ft^3 ported.) ... I know it's not going to be perfect because the sub fills 0.15ft^3 and the port will take room also, but it will be close. So, my idea is basically to just cut a hole and bolt a round port in it. The port has to be short enough to not connect with the sub itself, obviously, and preferably round to make installation simple. The box is a crutchfield S/O trunk box... exact dimensions are 17-3/8"W x 14-1/2"H x 13-5/8"D1 x 10-1/2"D2. If I tuck the port into the rear corner I am hoping there could be enough room. After everything I have seen and read about DC speakers I want to give them a shot, but my finances are tight and I can only afford just the speaker at the moment, so I NEED to use the same amp and enclosure. Any help towards what port dimensions I should use would be SUPER appreciated. Thank you! (sorry if this has already been asked. I did a search and was a bit overwhelmed) Thanks again for any help!
  5. some time between last sunday and today part of the system was stolen out of my stepdad 95 dodge ram regular cab. they stole a 15 sub the bass amp and one of the 4 6x9s but left the deck rcas 4 channel mids and highs amp and all wiring I do not know why kids/teens do shit like this nor do I now how it was done the truck has shaved doors and the only way in is though the rear sliding window. I am looking at replacements as well as an alarm and would like to know if this stuff is any good thanks https://www.ebay.com/itm/Viper-3100V-Keyless-Entry-Car-Alarm-System-2-Universal-Door-Lock-Actuator-New/223507931707?hash=item340a1c623b:g:fo8AAOSwy8Jc0dtG https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-x-KENWOOD-KFC-6966S-6-x-9-3-WAY-CAR-AUDIO-COAXIAL-SPEAKERS-6x9-800w-2pair/223377125807?hash=item34025071af%3Ag%3AlsoAAOSwPb1cXc4a&LH_BIN=1&LH_ItemCondition=1000 https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SKAR-AUDIO-IVX-15v2-D4-800-WATT-MAX-POWER-15-DUAL-4-OHM-CAR-SUBWOOFER/202270146984?epid=691197315&hash=item2f183d81a8:g:LhcAAOSwi-db4h6D
  6. thanks for the replies will have to get a dd1 at some point.
  7. Yesterday
  8. It's because he has his Xover is crossed so high. The issue is that if he crosses any lower then he gets distortion. Why that is is the issue.
  9. I wonder since he says no bass I got thinking whats the biggest cause of no bass in a system that should be bumping? you triple checked the phase? just askin the most basic question
  10. i worked for a kia, lincoln, and mazda dealership. i finally got out of that stress hole about 2 months ago. p.s. i can't type today or gramar
  11. The good ol tranny lines of south sac found memories
  12. Yeah his amp seems to be like my JL. I just have all my EQ & Crossovers through my headunit. Haven't even begun to go through with the JL DSP, it's kinda overwhelming lol.
  13. Thank you. No idea yet, just sent the products and the typical build to air time we have experienced is between 4-8 months. That is all at the full control of the channel, in this case Motor Trend TV. I've read up that these guys shoot 2 seasons in a row to maximize shoot time and they are starting now, so I would guess this Fall season or beginning of 2020 launch time. We will share all the info we get on this thread. Stay tuned.
  14. Also, I got a port plug so I can plug one rear port and drop rear tuning to 19hz (after I extend them). I'm trying to see what I can pull out of this thing for Subsonic Suicide. This thing will be at the Sundown show August 17th if anyone wants a demo
  15. Here's a slight update: After I shredded that sub when I threw the M1U in for testing, I was miraculously able to glue it back together in multiple pieces. After I got all 4 subs playing again, I re-metered it: 155.79dB legal at 27hz 158.68dB outlaw at 36hz I'm definitely at the limits of these woofers mechanically. I purchased my second CF 4k and will be throwing it in the next few days. They will be strapped at .7ohm a piece on the current subs, and .5 per when I rebuild these XSv1s with TI baskets and XT3 recones. I'm also going to try some box mods, like extending my rear ports and bringing tuning down to 27hz. I also need to make a PVC roundover for the port block I made for the front chamber. I just purchased an SSA meter, so I can do some serious testing and tuning. Also, fun fact, this thing is loud as shit on the driver's side headrest with both doors open. I put the meter on the driver headrest both doors open, and it did a 158.8 at 42hz on ONE 4k.
  16. His ride consists of 2 Twisted Sounds 6.5k 4 Crystal audio CS3X 15s 82ah of misolar lithium batteries 3 300amp CES alternators Canon Rebel T3i Sigma 17-50mm 2.8 lens Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 lens Canon 50mm 1.8 Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 I DO NOT OWN THE RIGHTS TO THE MUSIC USED IN THIS VIDEO ALL RIGHTS RESERVED FOR THE ARTISTS The links to my social medias are below. https://www.facebook.com/luke.schaller https://soundcloud.com/rallybass88 http://instagram.com/schallerphotography
  17. I'm assuming you mean a transmission line. I've never heard of a tranny line
  18. @Booger weldz on a phone, when typing a reply tap “Click to choose files” and select the pic from your photo library
  19. Wanting to know how to set the bass knob using the smd dd1 

20. Da fuq do you post a pic here? Limited 604....
  21. New vehicle purchase came with a well made(carpentry skillset) 1/4wave Trannyline enclosure for an 87-90(?) Sd woofer. The ‘system’ has been removed but some ancillaries remain from PO... this ‘box’ is one of those... vehicles from Sacramento area or south. The owner Might keep the box if i can repair it (pocket screws used throughout and top was hastily removed by the new owner trying to find the secure bolts to the cargo area sheet metal. Its got some decent kerf work and im trying to get a pic posted here of it with exact dimensions to facilitate the topic of the thread, lol. im not an audiophile or expert, but my limited ‘knowledge’ seems to hint that this is not a poor design acoustically and certainly not the worst woodwork ever done.
  22. @Stewie_21 I’m in the same boat, but I’m bout ready to just remain knowledgeless and waste my money on a design that probably won’t impress me
  23. @Raptorman I’ve already spoke to you about this, just realized who you were
  24. @Raptorman Go for the ratio that gives you the proper port tunings, port areas, port lengths, and chamber volumes. what are the proper port areas, port lengths and chamber volumes? I’m trying to design a series tuned 6th for a single zv5 12 D1 54 high side, 27 low...I saw somewhere said try to keep the front (high) port below 3” ??? but I’ve been recommended a port area that gives me a 14” long port (what I have come up with so far: 4 cubes 96 sq in (8x12) port at 54 Hz would be 14” long, 2 cubes roughly 12.25 sq in port ((was suggested 4” aero, going square 3.5x3.5)) at 27 Hz would be 19.75” long)
  25. Did they sound acceptable with the passive xovers? If so, can you post a pic of the passive internals? Did you set the tweets with the dd1? If you didnt use a softer track for setup you might have them too loud. High midbass impedance near peak? All drivers rise and you normally can't hear it but some drivers are just real bad at this, they usually have a zobel built into the passive crossover to keep the cut-off from shifting. Can you shift phase at your amp? If so, Have you tried raising the midbass?
  1. Load more activity

SMD Chat Room

SMD Chat Room

Please enter your display name