All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Got the truck back friday, just finished rerouting the wiring, added a smd fuse block, smd distribution block, remote turnout relay setup, sky high fuse holder and Jegs battery tray (for the xs power battery). The truck is headed to Gately Audio for the CES alt install in the next couple of days.
  3. Today
  4. Are you after the OEM bass knob? Or just a bass knob? A PAC-LC1 goes inline with your RCAs and is a popular upgrade from included bass knobs
  5. hi everyone so I'm new here and i was wondering if anyone can help, I'm putting my sound system together again after years of not using them, and i'm looking for my original base knob but can't find it anymore i own 3 US AMPS 1 us amp 2000 and 2 us amp 1000X i'm really interested to buy 1 original knob does anyone know where i can get it from even used i don't mind as long as its working.
  6. The idea is to make the most of the subwoofer. I want to compete in the events of db drag in my country. I was reviewing the manual and provides some starting references but I do not know if you can provide me with any important information. Thanks
  7. You can always shrink it down if you don't like the outcome or output. Give it a shot..I bet you nail it.
  8. How is everyone doing

1. SnowDrifter

SnowDrifter

Sup big guy 😁

Long time no see!

9. UPDATE: My weekly parts/equip order showed up today. Nothing to exciting but useful never the less. Clarks 180 pcs 304 stainless Rivet nut set. 13" Nut/thread setting hand riveter kit. IRWIN vise-grip self-adjusting wire stripper. Quality feeling kit. Now i just need a reason to use it. lol Fridays delivery will have more exciting items. Paying myself for not smoking. Been 3 months.
  10. What are these actually for on the amp. Is it the "ground" for the rca or just to hold it in there. Because they come out whenever I take my rcas out and thought about just gluing them back
  11. So right off the bat, I'll admit...I'm not an SPL junkie. I'm just a guy who loves audio and enjoys the idea of a challenge. I also thought it would be cool to share the idea of this challenge so other people could join in. TFade has been hosting the $150 SPL Challenge for many years and this is my first entry. Unfortunately, my vehicle is a Toyota Sequoia, not a CRX, so no way I'm getting 150''s here...but who cares, it will still be fun! Any tips or tricks, let me know. Also, join in if you can. See the rules for the Challenge here: https://12voltmag.com/2019-150-spl-challenge/
  12. Yesterday
  13. Do your research and read a lot of reviews this site is a great start.
  14. Welcome to the forum! To clarify, do you mean SPL as in structured, metered comps? Or SPL as in you just want to get loud?
  15. Hello guys, im Jose from Panama. I want to make a box for spl with the subwoofer on top and get as many decibels as possible, you who know more about the subject could help me? Many thanks
  16. I’m a big fan of Alpine type R components.
  17. I’ve been using Cobian Backup for a couple years now and have been very happy with it.
  18. Before I purchase any sub, I listen to a lot of rock and was wondering if the Alpine X-W10D4 in a sealed box would be my best bet. I was also looking into 2 Morel Ultimo SC 104 (My Amp Alpine PDX M12), anyone has any experience in these or other subs? I was also reading online that 2 or 3 8" subs would be a great option also. Cheers Marc
  19. I run a set of Rockford t2 components active like you thought about running your crescendos. Imo honestly love the sound, and have no desire for a rear fill addition like a coaxial in the rear deck (2 door coupe) if anything I want to put either another set of t2 components and run them at 2 ohms or grab some 8s for mid bass and make some custom doors your 800.4 could handle more speakers so you might wanna consider what mike said and run at 2 ohms instead of 4
  20. Happy Bday LT.Smoke

21. Found some big usability issues in my current software. Makes it unsuitable to continue with it - the thing tries to keep backups forever and when the drive fills up, no more backups happen. Only way around it is to clear the drive and start over. Not really ideal. So, I'm on the hunt for something else. My desired feature set is as follows: - Scheduled backups weekly - Rolling backups for 6mo - Versioning to handle file changes without removal of previous saves - Easy restore options. Drag/drop isn't necessarily ideal. - Price cap of $20/year - Handle multiple drives w/ specific folders. Total data ~750Gb - Encryption is a plus, though not a deal breaker either way - Lightweight and unobtrusive. If I have something jumping up and down like a jack russel on meth every hour telling me about other products/services, I might have a brain bleed - I don't care about any other bundled services. I have those handled. I just need a plain backup tool
  22. I have read on here that it is recommended to use half the cone area for determining port area. If I was to do it that way, the port area would then be around 113 not 70-80 and my port would be 10.5 x 10.5 x 20.5 in order to get tuned to 45hz I got that number from the surface area of 2 12s = 226.19 then divided by 2 = 113. Is this correct thinking? I dont know necessarily know if the person who posted that thread knew what they were talking about or not. It was on this forum though. Dont remember the exact thread atm. Been reading a lot the past few days so I can lock down this design.
  1. Load more activity