Hey all. I'm new here and what better way to start things off than with my new build! lol Bear with me, new to build logs....

So headunit and speakers have been done for 2 years now so those won't be making an appearance, sorry lol. Running an Alpine CDA-9885 with full component Type R's. Subs were a bad call. I had grabbed a pre-fabbed set up for $200, it was a quick decision and didn't take up much trunk space...[flame shield ready]...lol.......ready? a 300w set up of dual Bazooka 10s.

I was happy with them until recently....listened to a few songs that had some nice bass drops and my 10s failed to hit them....disgusting really.

Lucky I'm friends with Drew right? :yahoo:

So yesterday was spend cutting and building. Took an hour at the shop to cut the MDF (sooo much better than the tool shed), 3 1/2 hours driving around to find a damn jasper jig (if you ever need to buy one or replace one call the store ahead of time....we went to OSh, Lowes, Home Depot, and Ace Hardware all of which didn't have it. Finally found it at Sears), and maybe 5-6 hours of building. It was hot as hell and we took our time.

Basically that is all that needs to be said for now, on to pictures! (Apologizes for the picture quality, taken with iPhone)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Originally it was going to be a metallic red to match the dust caps...but as you can see in the test spray [red blot] the paint FAILED

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Look at that mirrored sexiness

Posted Image

Posted Image

FINALLY! (Drew finished up when I ran home to get the other sub and the amp)

Posted Image

The Twins are IN! 12" level 2s

Posted Image

Running off of the Hifonics BXi 608 (courtesy of Hannah)

Posted Image

It looks and sounds great and I have Drew, Hannah, and Rusty to thank for that. Those 12s are sick. System sound amazing and I now hit those lows beautifully. Just need to upgrade my power (which is soon) from an 8g to a 4g.

Today is carpeting day. I'll remember to actually bring my camera this time so I can get better shots of the box.

~Mr. Gibbs

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Thanks!

Yeah I want to get it carpeted. Call me already damn lol. I need to get a bass knob that is for sure, helluva time trying to find one right. Found a bunch for fosgate amps but not for the Brutus.

15xtrur.png

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Welcome to the forum!!!

How you like the sound of those R Types? I installed a set into my car over the weekend and am still breaking them in...

Back on topic lol. Looks good!! :good:

I love them, they were expensive (bought from Best Buy lol) but they were worth it. Sound is great and the tweeters are great. I drive an RSX and the tweeter are on the dash. Sound just bounces off the windshield and straight into the seats. Nice and clear and loud. I love having a hatchback.

Posted Image

15xtrur.png

i heard twins and was thinking testicles/tits so thank-god/god-dammit

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Archived