90 300zx - My First Custom Build - Dc Level Iv 15s

My son sparked my interest in car audio a few months back. Since then I have put an sealed enclosure in my car and a ported (9 cubes) enclosure in his car and now I am attempting my first custom build for my Z.

This is my son,

Posted Image

This is me,

Posted Image

I was letting him know how I felt about his opinion of how old I am.

This is my Z, Zoe (yes SHE has a name, I also have Milli but that is for later)

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the her first enclosure, 1.6 cubes, two shallow 10s from MB Quart 400 RMS each

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It sat in the tray right behind the seats and I could take the T Tops off and fit them underneath the enclosure. I won't be able to do that anymore, ah well.

I have decided that I am going to use the entire hatch area and install two DC level IV 15s. My son gave them to me at a very good price (he upgraded to the XL version with level V voice coils).

So, on to the custom install. It is day one and I took the back end apart to determine what I am working with.

Posted Image

The existing rear speakers, notice how the 6.5 cone is up against the molding and cannot move, classic.

Posted Image

Oh yes, the wonderful Bose enclosure for the 2-way 6.5 speaker. I call it an enclosure because it is a box that is ported, a little 1" diameter, 6" long round port.

Posted Image

The hatch area undone, Zoe is not happy.

Posted Image

And here is my temporary setup to play the front components until the system is complete

Posted Image

More to come tomorrow.

Two DC level IV 15" subs

Two MB Quart RSH 10" subs

Fusion 6.5" PowerPlant components (front)

Fusion 5.25" PowerPlant components (back)

Audiopipe AP2004

Audiopipe AP8001D

All in my 2 seater Nissan 300zx

Check out my 1st Custom Build

this life style is quite the addiction, i would say disease but its not bad, it just spreads so fast! BTW welcome to SMD

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

hmm. looking forward to seeing this build. poor zoe is really not gonna be happy when you start beating the hell out of the hatch with those lvl4s lol.

15xtrur.png

Check out my build and the band Like We Always Do!

Once you start you can never stop. Bass addiction is serious. And there is no 12 step program for it.
Subs are like titties, They need to come in pairs because ones and threes are just wrong, and larger amounts will always draw a crowd, we all have our favorite sizes, but the bigger ones are more fun to watch move. :D

Yeah, this guy is my dad!! give him a hard time !!

*edit*

and he comes out to the race meets and stuff with me :P

one night at a meet i said *i got my car to 160mph and then my dad says *my car can go faster LOL*

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

hes got 2 15s going in there now, my old lvl 4s :)

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

well, i am gonna be yanking all my audio out for awhile, so its possible :P

Team DC Audio

Archived