Figured I would share this with everyone here. This is the first install I did that had any serious power. Built it for my Son as a HS graduation present.

Its pretty much a beater. He picked it up for $300.00 and put $500.00 into it to pass inspection. The paint is all fckued up but it runs good.

1994 Mazda 626

Alpine 9886 head unit

Alpine MRV-F345

Polk DB components. One set of 6.75's and a set of 5.25's

Memphis Mojo 16-MC2000D

Memphis 15" MOJO quad 1ohm coils

Big 3 done

Positive and negative run of 1/0 to the trunk

Front doors and trunk deadened

3 BatCap 800's

What I started with

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Started the box next. Spent all our money on the components so I built with what I had available. Advantech 3/4" OSB flooring and some particle board.

Doubled the sides, back and face. The box is glued, stapled and screwed, built like a tank. It wound up 4 cubes tuned to 38hz.

On with the build

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Cut the face piece and test fit

Posted Image

Put the rest together and prepped it for paint. Glassed all the outside edges and smoothed everything out with some Rage

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

that looks really well done. Advantech is some really strong material, its used as the subfloor in alot of homes and has a 50 year warranty, i think it will do :)

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

pretty clean box man, I wonder how it will sound vs if you used MDF or Maple for the wood.

x2 i like how clean it came out, very nice done

REFF'S
My link
EBAY
http://feedback.ebay...ck&myworld=true
I love car audio so much because I will never be done. I can never win, and I will never get it finished or perfect. It always has me coming back for more, I can never get my fill of it, but I get what I need.

pretty clean box man, I wonder how it will sound vs if you used MDF or Maple for the wood.

I dont think anyone would be able to tell what it was made from, at least I cant just from listening to it.

that looks really well done. Advantech is some really strong material, its used as the subfloor in alot of homes and has a 50 year warranty, i think it will do smile.gif

x2 i like how clean it came out, very nice done

Thanks for the props. Advantech is the shit. The box sounds awesome, my Boy couldnt be happier with it.

A few more and then back to work.

Painted and finished.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

i like that, clean. dont see alot of boxes painted. the memphis colors make that box so nice.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Some of the electrical I ran. A run of 1/0 gauge positive and negative to the trunk. Was putting a battery back there but finished it up without it. I think were putting it in next weekend for the Pulse Audio show in Salisbury, MD on the 24th.

Big 3 done.

Posted Image

Made a custom bracket for the fuse holder. No room under the hood to mount it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Shorebilly wire cutter

Posted Image

Cuttin holes for the wire run. Used a few watertight grommets to run the wire the the firewall

Posted Image

Posted Image

i like that, clean. dont see alot of boxes painted. the Memphis colors make that box so nice.

I got lucky with the paint. We took a good guess at the color while in the hardware store. So far every box Ive built wound up painted. Want to do one in vinyl sometime.

nice work!

NSPL 2001 Trunk 251-500 world champion. 2009 2nd place 0-1800 147.9 under 1800 watts. 2011 0-3601 Trunk Champion. No Typo Current 0-3600 Trunk WR Holder! 149.9 (0-1800) /147.5 (1801-3600) /???.? (3601-up) need new front window first! TEAMHIGHX-CURSIONsig-1.jpg

Learn to be quiet about what your workin on.. L O S E = (L)etting (O)thers (S)ee (E)verything

Archived