This is a hummer I've been working on at the shop I work at. This thing's way badass. I have to throw up mad props to my boss, I've learned a whole lot in the month I've worked there so far. This thing used to be a demo truck for USA forged, then it was bought by a private party. The system was "stolen" out of it (i say that because we think they did it themselves judging by the way the car is "broken into"), and this is the insurance claim on it. This is a $15,000 job, with 8 tv's, an alarm with remote start, and this build.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

is that the new install or the one that got jacked?

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

haha i guess so. but the insurance company was smart, they only allowed them to get the exact same product. the amps are real nice, and the subs aren't bad, they sounded real good in that sealed box.

Subwoofer Wall

When my system was jacked, the insurance company reimbursed me for the full cost of what I had, I then went out and upgraded with a little out of pocket. Worked for me. I actually got hooked up. I was looking to sell the system. I would have got less for it. But instead I got full price of brand new stuff.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

haha tight man.

that setup was a bitch to build...the stainless is a real pain to cut with a jigsaw, even with metal blades. My fingers are all cut up from it. Those trim panels took me 3 full days to cut/recut, sand, attach to each other, and then vinyl them. There are 5 separate trim panels there, with 4 of them combined into 2. Theres a trim panel behind the seats too.

Subwoofer Wall

Well it looks good. Your work definitely paid off. I will be doing that stuff pretty soon. Probably about a year from now. I am going to acoustic edge institute in Houston in November. Taking all the courses for three months. VA benefits help pay for it from the Marine Corps. I look forward to doing this for the rest of my life, along with opening my own shop.

www.AlabamaDrift.com04 Silverado in the works

yea man, just know that doing it as a job can really kill the fun in it. i'm actually considering quitting and working elsewhere, because its getting monotonous, and i don't want to lose my interest in it. if you open your own shop, try to be more of a manager than a lead installer type. that way you can still get your hands dirty without getting burned out.

Subwoofer Wall

Archived