Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/29/21 in all areas

  1. Thanks! I the grills from Amazon. They don't have near enough depth to them. The sub will slap the hell out of them to where you'd destroy the sub. So I had to buy nylon spacers (I think they are 1 inch) and place 1 between the grill and the box at each mounting screw hole of the grill.
    1 point
  2. I dont know that PSP manufactures 8" ports which is what would be needed here. If you are doing a single 6" port your port airspeed would be some 52 m/s or basically choked. If that's the case that's costing you some serious output.
    1 point
  3. Man I seriously can't tell you guys how much I appreciate your help. I really can't. This has been a 3 year going on 4 year project with very little to no help. I've had to research as much as I can. It's been difficult to say the least. I have questions on how to do things even formulas I can't find answers on to save my life.
    1 point
  4. I'd stick with the 4 8's and go with a new box. I'm surprised you're only getting 134 db. I was running 2 8's in a hatchback and I was getting 139's at 38/39 hz. There are also a few guys with 2 8's getting 139/140 at about 32-34 hz in truck builds. One thing to remember. Are you chasing numbers or do you want to be happy with your set up? If you're chasing numbers, it's never ending. Even if you're not chasing numbers you will be always changing things but it may not be as drastic.
    1 point
  5. yes I ended up using the router. It was a learning experience for sure. First off, HPDE can be very dangerous. It catches on the router bit if you try to cut too much marrrial. Happened to me a few times but luckily my fingers were placed far enough away they didn’t get pulled into it. The best way to proceed is to cut with a jigsaw first then finish with the router, ensuring the router bit is cutting around half of its diameter or less. I ran into a few issues - the first was I tried to copy the profile of the OEM speaker but the widest part of its ring didn’t sit flush on the table, because of the speaker magnet (the speaker and the mounting bracket are all one piece in this car). So I had to use my circle jig and cut out the outside then do the same with the inside to make the ring. Tested to fit with OEM and new speaker and fit well so transferred the mounting holes over then copied it to HPDE using a flush trim bit (well, jigsaw to rough cut then flush trim bit)
    1 point
×
×
  • Create New...