Zach's New Build(update 09-24-2007)7:45pm

O.K. so you have heart meaning everytime I turn around your gettin into something caraudio related even if its not the most expensive or "best" stuff out there: YOUR DOING IT!

So on that note lets try a box like you said being 12"h x 38"w x 21"T/25"B depth

two subs up and two to the rear

Port 10.5H x 4w x 12d for 35hz.

Now b4 you cut your holes for the top subs make sure your port is in and your holes for the front are cut so you can see if you have to offset the top subs (although from the pics it looks like a pretty shallow basket so you may not have to)

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

O.K. so you have heart meaning everytime I turn around your gettin into something caraudio related even if its not the most expensive or "best" stuff out there: YOUR DOING IT!

So on that note lets try a box like you said being 12"h x 38"w x 21"T/25"B depth

two subs up and two to the rear

Port 10.5H x 4w x 12d for 35hz.

Now b4 you cut your holes for the top subs make sure your port is in and your holes for the front are cut so you can see if you have to offset the top subs (although from the pics it looks like a pretty shallow basket so you may not have to)

Thanks man your the shit the only problem I have is that being 12 inches high the box will be like a 1/4 inches from the magnets of my 6.5's so could we shorten the high or something like that. Yeah man I got heart I might even be getting a job at a shop. If you have aim whats ur SN or a phone number I have free long distance cause it kinda hard to explain if you understand you could PM me.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

1987 Chevy Cavalier Z24 2.8L V6 -- CB Radio with PA speaker

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

Coming soon: Bigger Highs Amp, Power inverter

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Yeah no problem but you know thse ones that face up are going to tear your x9's a new ass! I would suggest taking them out to let the bass in anyway, but here is the new

38w x 10h x 21/25d

port 8.5h x 4w x 12.5d same freq.

oh and no aim and sorry dont really give out my # to many people....

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Yeah no problem but you know thse ones that face up are going to tear your x9's a new ass! I would suggest taking them out to let the bass in anyway, but here is the new

38w x 10h x 21/25d

port 8.5h x 4w x 12.5d same freq.

oh and no aim and sorry dont really give out my # to many people....

ohh cool mane do I need to angle the port cause the back is angled or it won't matter

Ohh i forgot if i do i hight of ten inches do you still think i will be able to mount two subs on the side as the port we might have to do some more calculations cause i forgot about that.

I wnat to mount two subs up and two subs back facing the tail lights which will be the same side imma put the port on.

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

Head Unit: 7 inch Jensen Flip-out -- Speakers: 4 Visonik 6 1/2s and 4 Visonik 6x9s

Subwoofer: One Audiobahn 18 - Sub Amp: Power Acoustik OV1-2000d 2000 watt monoblock amp --

Battery in back - Kinetic HC600 -- Sub box: Custom built 5 cubic foot tuned to 30 hertz

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

nope just straight up n down :D

if it was closer to the back of the box I would say yeah, but you have almost ten inches from the port to the back wall (more at the bottom) so you will be fine

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

nope just straight up n down :D

if it was closer to the back of the box I would say yeah, but you have almost ten inches from the port to the back wall (more at the bottom) so you will be fine

Ight just making sure can you look at my edit

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Ight just making sure can you look at my edit

yep as long as the subs overall diameter is not more than 10 inches but i would really suggest going with the first design and just take your 6x9 out of the rear deck for clearance and so the subs dont end their life prematurely. the port will sit in between the subs facing the rear (tailights).

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

can you give me the desing again because i got cofused if the port is gonna be 8.5 high meaning it will fit inbetween the top and bottom peices that are 3/4. now how is a ten inch sub where the cutout is probably 9 inches gonna fit inbetween the top and bttom peice if i mount two of them on the front???? Im confused a lot LOL

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Thats why I said go with first design of 12h x 38w x 21/25

port 10.5h x 4w x 12d

two subs up two subs back with the port sitting between the two rear facing subs.

remove your 6x9 for clearance and cause your subs will destroy them anyway.

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Thats why I said go with first design of 12h x 38w x 21/25

port 10.5h x 4w x 12d

two subs up two subs back with the port sitting between the two rear facing subs.

remove your 6x9 for clearance and cause your subs will destroy them anyway.

ok now I get it but what should i do with my 6.5's cause i dont just wanna run my 4 inchers with all that bass or should i make some little boxes for the 6.5's that will sit on the rear deck and mount them with a bolt, so they wount fly and hit me in the head?

Image15-5.jpg

"MY RIDE"

"WhItE bOi AuDiO"

"FEAR THE DUCK"

Archived