Second Skin Audio

good idea?

Ok so here it is...i want to put 2 re sex 12's behind my back seat in my 03 f350 crew cab..i know i have to move the seat forward and im planning to move it 2 inches up...the box i want to build is gonna be 44.5Wx14Hx8.5D thats the external size and the internal is 43x12.5x7 which leaves me with 1.8cuft after dissplacement..what i want to know is, is this a good idea? do you think it will work? if not what can i do to make it work? and no dont say make a wall or tear out the back seat because my parents wouldnt let me do that, im lucky that they are even letting me do this. im buying all the equipment from here http://www.advancedcarcreations.com/main.htm they are an authorized dealer for what i want thats why im going through them..also if you do have a better idea in subs they have a list of all the dealers they sell and i would like it to be from one of them. so and help or constructive critism would be appreciated!

BABYJUICE

i was feeling lazy. Dont run those subs sealed. The smallest ported box they recommend for the 12s is 1.5 per sub @ 35hz.

so you're looking at a pretty big box.

Aside from that how much money do you have for this?

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Go get some dimensions of the usable space in the back and post them up here. once you do that someone can help you with a box design since it's going to have to be ported. You may have to bump down to 10s.

The se is a nice all around sub. What amp are they offering?

Eclipse cd7000

We can't help you design the box with a cut sheet if we don't know what we're working with. The last wedge box doesn't really help, it was probably prefab and sealed. If you make a big wedge box that goes all the way across the back wall then it may work, but again we either need a pic with dimensions or just dimensions. Ther former being better.

That amp won't put out enough to power those 2 se's fully. Maybe try to save your parents a little cash and just run one sub. Don't underestimate them in single numbers. It's a pretty beefy sub.

Eclipse cd7000

Yeah ill try to get some pics or something up showing what I have to work with...

I was thinking about just steppiing down and getting the 10s because I've heard both the 10s(older se series) and 12s(new sex series) and they both bang realitively hard and the 12s are being ran off a 2 channel lanzar 2000 watt amp and the two 10s of a hifonics zues(don't know model)...that's why I want to try and get 2 cuz I live how they sound..and both of those where in a sealed box so I could only imagine how they would sound in a ported box

BABYJUICE