Wire/Fuse Guide

Guest SyKo13

• 3 weeks later...

ok, so im running 2 hdc3 18s wired down to .5 ohm on a sq3500.1 so it will be pushing 3500-4000 watts at 14 volts with good electric. so my question is would i need 2/0 awg or could i get by with one run of 1/0 awg. or could i use 2 runs of 1/0 awg.

thanks guys

....Did you just re open this thread to ask a question like that? Why didn't you just start your own thread?

ok, so im running 2 hdc3 18s wired down to .5 ohm on a sq3500.1 so it will be pushing 3500-4000 watts at 14 volts with good electric. so my question is would i need 2/0 awg or could i get by with one run of 1/0 awg. or could i use 2 runs of 1/0 awg.

thanks guys

....Did you just re open this thread to ask a question like that? Why didn't you just start your own thread?

......Did you just respond weeks later after nobody did when he first post?

Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface

AudioControl DM-608

(2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns

(4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5"

AudioControl LC-6.1200

(1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz

Ampere Audio AA3800.1

Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting)

Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk)

Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs

thanks guys

......Did you just respond weeks later after nobody did when he first post?

Yep, didn't realize it was from mid September. Thought, it was on the active feed.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question about Fuses.

I will be running a Sundown 2000D and a 1600w Hifonics.

I have a 120 amp ANL fuse on 1/0 at the rear block for the hifonics, it has internal fuses but I wanted another one anyway.

I have a 150 amp ANL Fuse on 1/0 at the Sundown amp at the rear Block

I have 2 1/0 Cables running from the dual Batteries under the hood to the distribution block.  What size Fuse should each Main Feeder cable get near the battery?  300A or 150A.  Im not sure if the amp load is split between the 2 cables or if each cable see's full load?

2 hours ago, jimdog32526 said:

I have a question about Fuses.

I will be running a Sundown 2000D and a 1600w Hifonics.

I have a 120 amp ANL fuse on 1/0 at the rear block for the hifonics, it has internal fuses but I wanted another one anyway.

I have a 150 amp ANL Fuse on 1/0 at the Sundown amp at the rear Block

I have 2 1/0 Cables running from the dual Batteries under the hood to the distribution block.  What size Fuse should each Main Feeder cable get near the battery?  300A or 150A.  Im not sure if the amp load is split between the 2 cables or if each cable see's full load?

Fuse for wire size. Not ur amp or battery or alternator or any of that. The fuse u add to ur power wire is there to protect ur wire from overheating/melting/burning ur car down. So as the first page here says, 1/0 can carry 350amps, so because if that limit and to be safe, the maximum fuse u should use is 325A. But 300A fuses on 1/0 is common also. 

Then again, fusing smaller like u did at 120-150A on 1/0 isnt adding danger or anything, kind of just limiting urself for no reason. With a 120A fuse, u couldve just used 4awg instead of 1/0 lol saved some money. By putting that small fuse on 1/0 ur not utilizing the full potential of the 1/0 wire. Youre cutting its potential by half. 

Archived