'94 Mazda B3000 Build (Reboot)

1:1 is an interesting choice on ratios.

I'm tuned in due to the truck. I have a 93 Ranger ext cab I'm doing in a build in. I'll post a thread in a few days.

It actually sounds really good with the 1:1 ratio, although it doesn't play some of the lows, but I believe it's the port fault. I am going to experiment with extending the port externally to see if that helps.

Can't wait to see your build!

Before you do that try stuffing some polyfill in the sealed chamber.

That would mean tering the box open.

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

I'm tuned in due to the truck. I have a 93 Ranger ext cab I'm doing in a build in. I'll post a thread in a few days.

It actually sounds really good with the 1:1 ratio, although it doesn't play some of the lows, but I believe it's the port fault. I am going to experiment with extending the port externally to see if that helps.

You didn't make a panel easy to remove? Alwayysss make it easy to access the sub. I typically chose a panel and instead of glue/silicone use door weatherstripping to seal it down. Remove the screws, pull it off, instant access.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

pics of the dash as it sits now? and what year explorer is that out of cause the switches and cig lighter are on oppisides in mine it made me wonder....also...and just throwin this out there......why not doa blow throw i see u have the camper shell so is there any other reason?.....and btw very nice job on everything man liked the look of it all

The dash is out of a 1996 Ranger, and I still have a few finishing touches to do on the dash before I take a final pic. Still need to make a vent for the defroster. At the moment this is my daily driver, and I don't have the funds to do a blow through. Once I am done school, I will be buying myself a new daily and going all out with this truck. I even have a box design for 4 & 6 15s in a blow-through. But none of this will take place for at least another year. Unless I work on the truck as a school project.

ya i was in a friends ranger today and i saw that the dash was the same.....facepalm on me....and i kno what u mean about funds and stuff with school and everything but your dash swap lookis nice man makes me think about doin it into my 88 bronco

95 toyota corolla

1.8 dohc

5 speed

system in planing stages right now

You didn't make a panel easy to remove? Alwayysss make it easy to access the sub. I typically chose a panel and instead of glue/silicone use door weatherstripping to seal it down. Remove the screws, pull it off, instant access.

I made this box in a bit of a rush and didn't properly think it through :peepwall:. I might just dril a 3 or 4 inch hold in the back to stuff some in, then seal it back up after I get the right tuning... Or just leave it, it still sounds good.

Youtube Channel

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I just finished adding a vent to the dash along with installing my double DIN.

P1010099.jpg

P1010094.jpg

P1010102.jpg

P1010103.jpg

At the same time I desided to fill in other vent holes (they served no purpose for my truck)

P1010095.jpg

P1010096.jpg

Foil Tape FOR THE WIN!

P1010106.jpg

P1010107.jpg

The dash installed, with the double DIN

P1010108.jpg

P1010109.jpg

P1010110.jpg

P1010111.jpg

I'm thinking of getting those new LED display gauges, Steve's been promoting, in the hole above the double DIN, when I get my bigger build in.

More in store next weekend...

Youtube Channel

• 6 months later...

Youtube Channel

• 10 months later...

It's been a while since I posted... almost a year! I've been in school getting my life i check. Now that I'm done and the weather is beautiful I can finally start up again.

I was planning on doing a full custom dash and center console and door panels, but now I am a poor student. So, now I needed to find a cheaper way to get the look I wanted...

On to the build reboot!

First off I bought a parts truck for $150 (Chaching!), and took the dash and other intrior parts that I needed.

(Pic coming soon)

The dash was grey so I spruced it up with some vinyl paint.

P1010168.jpg

DSC07155.jpg

After the paint was dry, I installed it and I must say it's nice seeing a dash in the truck, after a year with out one.

DSC07158.jpg

DSC07157.jpg

More updates to come in the next few days.

Youtube Channel

Archived