Second Skin Audio

? about subs and their FS spec

OBI

Currently have DC XL in a 13 cube wall tuned to ~32-33hz, and for some reason the lows (28-33hz) are there but not how I want them. Seem to be lacking a little bit, but everything else to wonderful, and amazing.

How would changing to say SSA Xcon's in the same box do? I Figured they might do a little better since their FS being closer to my tuning as opposed to 35hz, were the XL's are. I know iamamp3pimp(sp) got lower just from switching from Lvl 5's to Death Penalties. Right now redoing the wall is not an option.

And I know box tuning plays a part when playing low notes, but I some some subs do do it better than others.

I don't know if this helps or not but I have a 12" XL which has a higher FS of 38.9 and my box is tuned to 34 but the sub LOVES 25-35 and isn't too impressive above that close to it's FS. Is the sub broken in yet?

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

a lower fs will help some but iirc your port is tuned more to 34-35.... whats your subsonic set at?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

I don't know if this helps or not but I have a 12" XL which has a higher FS of 38.9 and my box is tuned to 34 but the sub LOVES 25-35 and isn't too impressive above that close to it's FS. Is the sub broken in yet?

yea I pretty sure it is. Been beating on it for a few months now.

a lower fs will help some but iirc your port is tuned more to 34-35.... whats your subsonic set at?

Hey man could you PM me your number.

xcon's are sick subs...I've been wanting to try some for a while now

Be different and run something that not a lot of people have

Dont get me wrong I love my DC's, but yea they do seem pretty BA. Kinda wanna try them out too.

Archived