Sonic Electronix

Your car and how much wire you needed.

2002 Camry, batt on drivers side. 17ft of power wire ran on drivers side from battery to trunk.

16-17ft is the standard for most sedans..

EDIT: There's a grommet with factory wires that run directly beneath the steering wheel near the accelerator that I ran my 4 gauge wire through. Probably wouldn't work with 0 gauge though because it was a tight fit to begin with and I had to do some cutting. Anything bigger will probably require drilling.

Edited by canderton01

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

1995 Chevy c1500 ext cab

power: 18ft (front left hood aka battery, straight back, all the way right, down under the cabin, up through the side rail, and to the back wall of the cab, finally then 3 ft to the left.)

ground: 3ft

rcas: 17ft

Edited by I like kicker

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

1988 Buick Regal, batt on drivers side, ran along door trim and got to mid trunk with 17 ft. had to cut through the double firewall up and right of steering column.

1996 Ford Mustang, batt on drivers side, ran through firewall at a random rubber plug, along door trim up beside seat and 17 ft only got to the trunk/back seat wall, i would suggest a 25 ft piece. also pita to find a good ground location. overall mustangs are pitas for teh audioz lol

2000 Infiniti G20, batt on drivers side, ran around door trim 17ft was plenty to get to a decent location in the trunk. trunk to cabin trap door makes a great port placement. or a sick place for an 8" :P never went through firewall actually there is a nice gap along the drivers door beside the front drivers side quarter panel

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

02 jeep GC laredo

battery is on pass. side, ran it along the drivers side, so it goes around the engine bay, drilled a hole in the firewall the size of the wire, fuck gromets :)

im guesstimating about 20ish feet got to the back, the second batt is on the pass. side

big three was like 7 or 8 feet I THINK ( i bought the wire off CACO precut and terminaled )

just a tip to anyone, dont crimp with a vice or pliers and a hammer, shit falls off real quick :) hence i need terminals on the cheapppppppppppp

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

02 jeep GC laredo

battery is on pass. side, ran it along the drivers side, so it goes around the engine bay, drilled a hole in the firewall the size of the wire, fuck gromets :)

im guesstimating about 20ish feet got to the back, the second batt is on the pass. side

big three was like 7 or 8 feet I THINK ( i bought the wire off CACO precut and terminaled )

just a tip to anyone, dont crimp with a vice or pliers and a hammer, shit falls off real quick :) hence i need terminals on the cheapppppppppppp

I found 20 1/0 terminals on ebay for $16 shipped

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

02 jeep GC laredo

link?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

1999 oldsmobile alero, last setup (currently no system) single (power) run of 4 gauge from front battery to where the amp was, then grounded at the frame to the amp

power wire went through the little gromet right under steering wheel, like 2inch diameter whole, 4 gauge run is roughly 15 feet id say

next setup wil be 1/0 guage with 1 full run front to back (power and ground front bat to back bat), then power form front bat to amp and grounded at frame to amp

not sure exact length, will have to cut new hole in firewall probably, but ive been told 50 ft will suffice (but that is also for the big 3)

guessing 30 ft or so for the runs front to back, 10ft or so for big 3

02 jeep GC laredo

link?

I get on ebay mobile so I can't get ya a link but look up raptor 20 pack 1/0 terminals and they should still be on there for that price. I'm planning on buying about 5 orders soon :)

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

2007 Scion tC.

4 Gauge power wire ran from front battery, through a hole in the fire wall that was already there (from the factory). It then goes down behind a panel in the drivers kick, and under some trim next to the door. From there it goes behind some trim that covers the rear speaker. Next, it goes behind the rear seats, and into the styrofoam area that has my amp. The ground wire just goes from the amp to a bolt on the chassis behind some of the carpeting, rear of the amp. The RCA runs from the HU, through the upper part of the passenger kick, behind the same trim pieces mentioned before, but instead of going behind the seats, it just goes straight to the amp. The remote wire follows the same path as the power wire. Except it starts at the HU of course.

The wire is from a RF amp install kit that came with 15ft of power wire and like 2 feet of ground wire. I think the RCA cable was about 12 feet or so. I used every inch of it.

EDIT: That hole in the firewall is at the top behind a bunch of random shit. You can fit your hand in there is you have skinny girl hands like me. You have to get your head down near the intake to really see it and I could only manage to work blind as I couldn't look at it and work at the same time.

I'll post info on wire needed for the big 3 once I do it next week.

If you are going to use anything bigger than 4 gauge, I recommend finding an alternate path than the one above as I have a hard time trying to squeeze the 4 gauge under some of the trim panels. I'm sure you could route it through the center console with out any problems though.

Edited by Chaise

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding