Sonic Electronix

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but honestly if you have heard a TRUE SQ car i dont think many if any car on this site will make the cut..... honestly most true SQ people hear things in music the average bass head wouldn't even noticed....... in true sq cars they spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on mids, focal and rainbows dont cut it to them they treat focal like it is just anther speaker and like its nothing.

of course all of us want "our version of SQ" and dont want distortion or anything like that at higher volumes. but i dont think most of our budgets really can get a true sq set up

also i second what matt said

As you must don't know what SQ is about.

Drivers matter but placement is way more important.

I could buy the best drivers on the market, and without properly placement, you won't have a proper imaging and the effect of your dash is a stage.

I can see you don't understand SQ, which is ok, but no need to post, nobody hear can make the cut. Cause obviously you have no idea what SQ is suppose to sound like.

http://www.abt.com/product/42714/Focal-KITN7.html?utm_source=scfroogle&utm_medium=sc&utm_campaign=froogle

heres a set of focals that i heard on a SQ forum were OK not good just OK

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

but honestly if you have heard a TRUE SQ car i dont think many if any car on this site will make the cut..... honestly most true SQ people hear things in music the average bass head wouldn't even noticed....... in true sq cars they spend thousands upon thousands of dollars on mids, focal and rainbows dont cut it to them they treat focal like it is just anther speaker and like its nothing.

of course all of us want "our version of SQ" and dont want distortion or anything like that at higher volumes. but i dont think most of our budgets really can get a true sq set up

also i second what matt said

As you must don't know what SQ is about.

Drivers matter but placement is way more important.

I could buy the best drivers on the market, and without properly placement, you won't have a proper imaging and the effect of your dash is a stage.

I can see you don't understand SQ, which is ok, but no need to post, nobody hear can make the cut. Cause obviously you have no idea what SQ is suppose to sound like.

never said it was just the drivers but they do play a big part in it. an it is not all about placement either everything plays a big part but i dont think you have the money to build a TRUE SQ car. the only TRUE SQ car i have ever heard had over 30k in equipment in it. so unless until you can drop that much

your just gonna be CnL like matt said

No, I don't want CnL.

Maybe you misunderstood

I want more SQ geared than just something that doesn't distort.

I want a good staging and imaging.

Not perfect, but more than just normal component set that is placed anywhere it looks good.

But I want it able to be at the volume level I like, and use to.

SQ cannot be that loud. one of the main purposes of SQ is to keep everything balanced. Even if you can only do a 130 on the bass side then you will go deaf in about a week due to the highs

you just cannot have loud SQ, its fucking stupid

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

^ if you want good TRUE SQ be prepared to drop about 5k at least

Wrong.

That's like saying you need 5k to break 150dB.

No offense but this is typical person who have the idea of SQ is all about money.

You could honestly take a $100 component set, decent amp, and a decent processor and have jam up SQ front stage.

Its all about placement of the drivers to give you the perfect image of having a stage on your dash, then a relevant flat response, with no real major peaks or valleys.

In my opinion the average person doesn't really know what SQ is but they understand loud and what makes my ears ring

I agree with this too. I see many posts from n00bs claiming they want am SQ system, but only want one set of mids up front.

No offense,

but the number of drivers is irrelevant to SQ.

Most noobs doesn't want distortion, not SQ.

I don't find this post offensive lulz

I know. I worded my post incorrectly.

The system they want usually doesn't consist of a sound processor with an RTA to tune it. They only want comp sets and an amp for them. They just want the mids and highs in the stock locations too.

An SQ system doesn't have huge peaks, so there's no way to reduce their peaks.

I know what they want..they don't know what they want themselves.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

^ if you want good TRUE SQ be prepared to drop about 5k at least

Wrong.

That's like saying you need 5k to break 150dB.

No offense but this is typical person who have the idea of SQ is all about money.

You could honestly take a $100 component set, decent amp, and a decent processor and have jam up SQ front stage.

Its all about placement of the drivers to give you the perfect image of having a stage on your dash, then a relevant flat response, with no real major peaks or valleys.

im sure if thats all it was i dont think people would be spending soooo much money in build sql cars ....... SPL and sql scores, cars, and purposes are totally different

thats like saying i can get the same tires a rolls royce has and put them on my geo metro and its ride quality is the same.

No, I don't want CnL.

Maybe you misunderstood

I want more SQ geared than just something that doesn't distort.

I want a good staging and imaging.

Not perfect, but more than just normal component set that is placed anywhere it looks good.

But I want it able to be at the volume level I like, and use to.

SQ cannot be that loud. one of the main purposes of SQ is to keep everything balanced. Even if you can only do a 130 on the bass side then you will go deaf in about a week due to the highs

you just cannot have loud SQ, its fucking stupid

Who said I had to have a loud substage all the time?

Why can't I have good SQ at reasonable levels, then still have loudness when I want it?

Sure the SQ will suffer when I want it to be loud, I'm not as worried about having perfect SQ when that happens.

Your missing the point.

I want both. Not at the same time. I stated that in the first post, just didn't spell it out. I figured people would have common sense.

Archived