Sonic Electronix

Who said I had to have a loud substage all the time?

Why can't I have good SQ at reasonable levels, then still have loudness when I want it?

Sure the SQ will suffer when I want it to be loud, I'm not as worried about having perfect SQ when that happens.

Your missing the point.

I want both. Not at the same time. I stated that in the first post, just didn't spell it out. I figured people would have common sense.

should be "you're"

you can have whatever you want. idk why you feel you have to announce it to everyone. seems like a "i want attention post"

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ if you want good TRUE SQ be prepared to drop about 5k at least

Wrong.

That's like saying you need 5k to break 150dB.

No offense but this is typical person who have the idea of SQ is all about money.

You could honestly take a $100 component set, decent amp, and a decent processor and have jam up SQ front stage.

Its all about placement of the drivers to give you the perfect image of having a stage on your dash, then a relevant flat response, with no real major peaks or valleys.

im sure if thats all it was i dont think people would be spending soooo much money in build sql cars ....... SPL and sql scores, cars, and purposes are totally different

thats like saying i can get the same tires a rolls royce has and put them on my geo metro and its ride quality is the same.

Your saying you have to spend 5k to come close to have SQ. Which isn't nowhere near true.

Sure the budget drivers won't be as good as the more expensive ones, but that doesn't mean they can't compare.

No, I don't want CnL.

Maybe you misunderstood

I want more SQ geared than just something that doesn't distort.

I want a good staging and imaging.

Not perfect, but more than just normal component set that is placed anywhere it looks good.

But I want it able to be at the volume level I like, and use to.

SQ cannot be that loud. one of the main purposes of SQ is to keep everything balanced. Even if you can only do a 130 on the bass side then you will go deaf in about a week due to the highs

you just cannot have loud SQ, its fucking stupid

Why can't I have good SQ at reasonable levels, then still have loudness when I want it?

Sure the SQ will suffer when I want it to be loud, I'm not as worried about having perfect SQ when that happens.

Your missing the point.

I want both. Not at the same time. I stated that in the first post, just didn't spell it out. I figured people would have common sense.

sooo you want it to be CLEAN AND LOUD? you want it to be clean and it can get loud and clean? right or wrong

or do you want it to be clean and then when you turn it up loud it sound like shit? no you want it CLEAN AND LOUD :shrug:

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

Your missing the point.

should be "you're"

you can have whatever you want. idk why you feel you have to announce it to everyone. seems like a "i want attention post"

Is that the only thing you can argue in my post? I'm sure if I combed through your post I could find a error.

And so now, I can't make a topic on a public forum and discuss it?

So everybody that posts threads are attention whores?

Yeah, if you say.

No, I don't want CnL.

Maybe you misunderstood

I want more SQ geared than just something that doesn't distort.

I want a good staging and imaging.

Not perfect, but more than just normal component set that is placed anywhere it looks good.

But I want it able to be at the volume level I like, and use to.

SQ cannot be that loud. one of the main purposes of SQ is to keep everything balanced. Even if you can only do a 130 on the bass side then you will go deaf in about a week due to the highs

you just cannot have loud SQ, its fucking stupid

Your missing the point.

sooo you want it to be CLEAN AND LOUD? you want it to be clean and it can get loud and clean? right or wrong

or do you want it to be clean and then when you turn it up loud it sound like shit? no you want it CLEAN AND LOUD :shrug:

I want it to properly reproduce the recording I play with the image of the stage on my dash at ear level.

Then, with the turn of the volume knob, and remote gain knob*, have the loudness I want.

*before anybody flames, gain will be set before not to clip and the knob will not go past the setting on the amp. Similar to how Sundown amps knob works.

All I know is give me bass and I want to hear hi's as well without throwing up from the bass or having my ears bleed from the treb. And when I think I have achieved that I say fukk but I really do want my head to explode. And we all are attention whores.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Your missing the point.

should be "you're"

Is that the only thing you can argue in my post? I'm sure if I combed through your post I could find a error.

And so now, I can't make a topic on a public forum and discuss it?

So everybody that posts threads are attention whores?

Yeah, if you say.

no not everyone. just you.

you see you made a point to try and tell everyone what SQL should be considered. i just made a counter point that i do not agree with your idea. it is called a discussion, get it?

like i said earlier call it whatever the hell you want but do not try to make it a standard. it's pointless

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

the biggest problem is there are many different interpretations of what SQL means. Some say it means Sound Quality Loud, some say Sound Quality League and even some say Sound QuaLity...Whatever you take to be your definition good luck with it :)

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Archived